Sunday 23 September 2012

september stimulus

Friday...managed to get all the lines finished, bolted the toploader to the 350, and set her in the frame...time to do the exhaust.....note the new front tires (see last blog)...TireZone had these neat narrow tread 145 15s for $95 each, fitted n balanced...much better than the dodgy old 12 year old Michies I took off!
For my birthday last Saturday..(not too late to send presents!)..KB invited me to the Vintage Speedcar event at Redcliffe Showgrounds...it was a pretty good event even though there was only about 30 cars...of course, my favourite had to be the uncaged V8-60 cars...cool!
Another V8-60...this race car was built in 1937...the owner also has a restored 37 Ford he just got in from Texas...it also runs a V8-60! Will make a great tow-rig.
Warm up time!
Doug and Robyn hiding in the trees.
Eliminators show and swap today....I had been to the Albion Comedy Club for my b'day last nite, saw a late start today saw me arrive at the gate at 7am....WTF!..they had three spots only left, and they managed to get me this beaut spot 1/2 way between the swap and the oval...perfect!..I'll have to come late more often. This was a great day considering that early Valla rodders were not there..the Jamboree was on at Willowbank, and probably other events...but the place was packed!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment