Monday 28 November 2016

bit of this n that...

 This picture reminds me of another part of my life....employed!!..must have been taken just before I retired in 2005..Darrens A, Cols A, and my Deuce...amazing how cars change..for many years, After he sold it, Darrens A pickup sat in a carport, flat tires, junk thrown in the bed., but I believe refreshed and back on the road now..although I have never seen it anywhere in 12 years....Cols A has been thru a few owners, now in the care of Josh Case, and is now in a reinvent rebuild, and you won't recognise it...and sadly, after I sold my deuce, it was on the rod scene for many years in Victoria, but unfortunately hit a bridge and was totalled...there is a reminder down at the end of this blog.....be careful out there....
 almost have my book collection complete..just need a few more, like these two..

 coffee morning reminder....even though it's only been two weeks, I put the December one on early to avoid the usual silly season parties/family/work/shopping times...so come down this Sunday 4th at 7am start.
having to refit the radiator in the deuce after the hole it got at Yamba...we come across the usual contortionist deal...how to put the washer up inside the crossmember, then fit the nyloc nut....in the past, I have dabbed a bit of silastic to hold the washer up there...also heard of using blue tack, but this time, I made a new washer, and drilled it just enough so it will thread onto the bolt, then, with folding two sides down, I was able to screw it onto the thread, then screw the nut, and Hello!, job done..easy this time!
 This Saturday, 3rd December, is Steve Coades open day to promote his hot rod supply company "EARLY TIME AUTOS"...the address is officially 2 Philbern Drive, Ormeau, but, the driveway, and parking is on Peachey Road...opposite #86....but there will be signs...and cars...and hotrodders..

come off the M1, go west on Peachey Road until you see this driveway!!!
 also in December, my last for the year mid week run leaves the BP Roadhouse on the highway at Caboolture on Dec 15..be there around 10am for coffee, we leave towards Bribie around 10:45.
 destination is the OYSTER SHED at the Sandstone Point Pub..and thanks to Graham Cowan, he has arranged for us to park all the cars inside on the grass..
but...to get onto the grass, don't turn into the normal road to the pub..continue over the bridbe to Bribie, around the roundabout and back over to Sandstone Point, as the road into the grass can only be accessed in this manner..you can just make out that access road in this pic
 warning to be careful..saw this on Facebook yesterday..somewhere in Victoria, not sure what happened, or if anyone was hurt, but please be careful out there, always..

No comments:

Post a Comment