Thursday 31 May 2012

1
The roadster is now back off the frame so I can tackle the extra bits needed on the frame to suit Qlds TAC rules...(don't get me started!)
2
The new mount for the booster had to be 6mm plate..(wtf?), ....and to allow me to "C" the frame, have to use 10mm x 50mm x 450mm over the top....rules is rules, but I reckon it is "over the top"......what happened to good ol fishplates....and in the USA....don't bother using any of this!!
A
Anyway...there's the flat I have to form for the C, and the So-Cal spring and hangers and Pete & Jakes ladder bars, and 31 spline 56" wide roundback 9" all fits nicely, but I had to notch the Vintique fuel tank to clear spring mount.
4
I bought a scattershield for the Toploader, and this will enable me to use a hydraulic clutch on the LHS, as the bellhousing I had with RH fork was getting a bit tight on the other side. I have also purchased a Jeep T 176 shifter assembly to go on the toploader, will make it a lot easier than having to fit a factory or Hurst style shifter
5
The frame as it came from the US will not fit our rego rules, so two upper tubes going forward from the ladder bar x member will be fitted, as well as an extra lower one under the ladder bar x member, then two on either side coming back from there to the rear, following the angle of the ladder bars...somehow I also have to get mufflers and pipes thru as well, might just use those internal spiral baffles you can slip up a 2 1/2" tube...will see what's avail on my trip to USA next week....

No comments:

Post a Comment