Thursday 22 November 2012

Fridays forgotten & found fotos

Last week, I mentioned the big snake, and it got me thinking of where all the photos got to from the old computer....so thanks to my son Danny....in his words.."get away from the computer...see..click here..then here...there they are...how hard was that!"
So now I have about another 1000 photos to choose from, and this one of the big carpet snake that ate my last chook is a reminder about them being on the move this summer, I find skins in my shed regularly....and sometimes, some live ones!!!
Found the pic of Glenn and Sues 53 convertible when he first bought it...it looks not too bad, but it was a challenge to bring it up to the finished product you have seen on this blog....can't wait to post pics of the new project 5 window 34.
Also in this lost file was another file just on my son Chris, when he used to do freestyle Motocross.....can you imagine how scary this would be up 20 to 30 feet in the air...and hope you can grab hold again?
Found the pic of our Deuce sedan, the day it arrived from USA. Full credit to Warren Wilkie and Ashley Sokel in Toowoomba for being able to transform this rough body into the car I have now...mammoth effort required! Have a go at the wheel arch in the Camoro....I sold this to old time Melbourne rodder, Russ Humphreys, who now lives in Cleveland. Russ is remembered for lots of things...including his supercharged 34, and his '50 Merc sled at Albury Nats...
Someone asked me how I got the 10 x 15 Halibrands with 285 tyres under my old roadster...here's the photo that shows how good it looked and sat with them on. The frame had been stepped by 50mm straight before the rear fender, therefore Kiwi Pete was able to build the body for me with flat inner fenders, and with the 52 inch wide  Nine inch and 3 1/2" back spacing..."Hello....that's how you do it!"....Nowadays, a floating hub would also be reqd. for Qld. TAC approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment