Thursday 13 December 2012

Some guys have all the luck!

Sometimes a fella gets lucky, and last Friday, as usual, I bought the 10 number Keno....20 games worth...the return is always either nil, or maybe $2 or $6  or something trivial, but you just hope that one day........well, $20 in and $10,004 back wasn't bad....no going to ALDI anymore, I've moved up to Woolies!!
 This will come in handy, but not for the hot rod.....(well, I did go straight out and ordered more tyres..)...but it will go towards a trip we have been planning for years!
 
Back to working on the hot rod now, I had a week off to clean up the acreage for Xmas, now to start on the fenders...I kinda like the 32 with the American Tork Thrusts on it....
But then I came home with the new steelies that are destined to go on the Tudor, and couldn't resist a peek...not sure if I like it or not....maybe if it had the caps on might help....probably needs different paint, and I do like the flat black look.
Stuff it, I said...lets just make three sets of fenders for each set of wheels, so I can mix and match, but will start off making them fit the Halibrands. I experimented today with some flat bar brackets, and some round bar..think the round looks better.
When I saw this car on the www,nzhrm.com website last week, it had me thinking hard about "proper" paint...this looks like the lemon we used on the last race car...might even be that recent Suzuki colour.....but to me, this car looks "spot - on".
 
This is the best you're going to get from me for a Xmas scene....under the Mistletoe..(Poincianna)....so in case I don't blog next week, Merry Xmas to all who read this, hope my twisted humour has brightened your year, stay healthy, we've only got one shot at this life, so enjoy it!
 
I will have a listing of "events" for 2013 soon, but pencil these in...Jan 27 Chev club swap,... Feb 2&3, Toowoomba Swap,.. March 8/9/10 Toowoomba Rodrun,.. March 17 Northern Districts swap,.. March 24 Ormiston Swapmeet,.. Easter, March 29/30 April 1/2 Street Rod Nats,.. April 14 Willowbank swap,.. April 23 Banyo swap,..May 26 Capalaba swap,..July 14 Bruinswick rodrun,..July 27 Nambour swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment