Monday 24 February 2014

Darryls Donut Derelicts Coffee Run....Feb 23...

 So....I had to go up the north coast way  to pick up some old hot rod and early Aus drag racing books, and  I had arranged to pick up some bits from Darryl....so what better day than to go up when the coffee run was on........
 Yep, I know the Nostalgia Drags was on, but after being at Kalbar last Thursday...I figured we might melt in the heat......but Sunday dawned overcast, so it may have been cancelled.....anyway...off the the Nth Coast at 6am was my plan...
 I didn't get to the run until after 8:30....(picked up books first)....and the rains were scaring a lot of people to go early...thanks to Graeme Robinson for taking these following pics for me...












 As you can see, the morning wasn't the best...


 So, after 8:30..I roll in, still some cars to look at...






 Darryls A pickup hitched to John Davies rig...off for some trimming...


 New car...only a few weeks old......


So, what a difference when I left Darryls at 11:30.....not a hint of rain on the trip back to Brissy.....and as most know, the Nostalgia Drags was held with no problems.
Here is just a part of the 1200 books I got this weekend...this is becoming an obsession, I just wanted to collect those early Australian hot rod and Rodsports books, but it keeps expanding....look at the cool books below, there are quite a few of those little books, as well as Hot Rod, Rod n Custom, and many more from the 1950s and 60s!!


No comments:

Post a Comment