Wednesday 14 January 2015

So...some more info for you to take in...

 Many of you have been asking how my coupe project is going...basically, this is where it was at as of Xmas.....still waiting on my enthusiasm to kick in again.....
 Here's a pic of a blown Hemi roadster for no particular reason...
 When you go back looking for pics, you find some gems, and this one has special memories...my good friend Joe Gatt sadly passed away recently....and Sir Jack did as well....here Joe and I are 20 years ago telling Jack how blown doorslammers work....
 Now..I put these pics up once before..they show a sedan that our mate Charlie in Texas once owned....old school steel sedan with a big cube Olds and 4 speed,..I drove this back in the 90s ....but here's the good story....
 Seems Les Winter has lady luck on his side...(as you can tell from his meal ordering #)....but he got the phone call the other day to say the 32 sedan is now his......
 Seems the current owner took a liking to the pickup truck les had...a deal was struck...titles swapped, and hello.....a new hot rod to drive in Texas!!.........complete with plush 60s/70s interior..
 Dual Quad Olds really makes it old school....(I don't need no dam sb cheby!)
 Not so sure about the green wires and stock h"lite bar....but I sure do wish I had this sittin' in Texas.......good deal, Les..

And for no particular reason.,a volksrod deuce.....probably cop a lot of flack now from my  Model A or Model 40 people......
 So...back to the coupe...this is how it looked on Monday morning...I decided it was time I did a bit more on the old gal...
And this was Monday afternoon....now time to get in and finish welding some sticks of metal here n there...also to remind me of what I need to look for at Toowoomba swap...that's only a few weeks away now..hope you're ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment