Thursday 3 December 2015

Been missing my "blog"....

 I have been busier than a cat buryin' it's poop...but not that busy that I caught some neat pics on the web this week, and here's one of them..
 and don't this deuce look dandy with the wires....
 I've run this before, but never get tired of it..how my sedan might look with steelies..
 Dale Grau is changing out the frames on two of his fleet of a dozen deuces.....hope you have a heater on in that cold Minnesota winter-time....brrrr..
 Love the sign writing...and the wide 5s...
 I like grey on deuces....this looks nice!
 not sure about all black though....
 Racer-look!
 Stop the bus!...look at this, Kenny Brown!!!
 and for no particular reason...here's a hood full of turbo-power....
 Remember my tale of changing from my Edelbrock to a Holley...well here's why i am now $1500 poorer from my own stupidity....I bought the above pictured brackets to make sure I would have the throttle position cable on the 700R4 set-up correctly, as I know, that if they are not correct, you'll kill the tranny...
 so..a week before Yamba, I fit the brackets...get 2/3 way to yamba and fry the 3/4th clutch pack....grrrr!
I had read all the stories, studied the diagrams, watched the Youtube videos of how to do it correctly...
I sent this pic to Neil at precise Automatics...first thing he said.."you killed it...cable not set correctly, it will have damaged the governor gears as well"
and he was spot-on...anyway..all good now...I fitted the rebuilt trans, took it back to the shop ON THE TRAILER, so I wouldn't damage the new auto, and even though I thought I had the cable pretty well correct this time, it took a 5 mile drive and 5 small adjustments to the cable tension to having it back shifting as it should....so make sure you get this correct!..Thanks, Neil...
Special thanks also to Glenn Watts for the use of his hoist, and his help in changing and lifting, when my worn out muscles gave up...we also changed the diff centre back to a 3.4 ratio, and fitted a rebuild master cylinder, as the chinese knock-off one was leaking a tad..
 don't forget..coffee this Sunday 6th December...45th event with (almost) no rain...
I'll go down for a look-see at this event on the 31st..
 also been looking around for an EH for my son...saw this last week locally...but a wagon would be the preference...anyone know of any decent EHs for sale?
 Now...this HAS kept me busy...a 203 metre trench from the water meter/light pole, to the house...ha..and I was going to dig it myself!!..it took a Kanga 7 hours to cut the trench 400 deep..then I had my son Chris (Redland Soils) drop off 3 c/m of crusher dust, and son Danny and I took 6 hours to back-fill it 50mm deep ready for the pipes!..phew...
so now we have a new water line, and new Telsta line in and all connected...yippee....but..aint finished yet...now I have to back-fill...better buy me a cool drink this Sunday...lol....

No comments:

Post a Comment