Saturday 2 April 2016

some bits of the inter-web thingy...

 Ah!..the month of the flathead era....ol Henry put them into production in April '32...what a man!
 don't ya just love 'em.....the're like 32 Ford bodies...you either have one....or you want one....lol

 think I put this up last week....and some others...just flick past then...

 Here's the reminder about next weekends drag strip reunion...as explained by John Winterburn...'Basically, the day will be a bench session, much like the coffee runs...a display of about 20 cars will be there, including two that actually competed at the first race..the Bob Keith dragster, and the John Anderson 32...there will be a couple of presentations on the stage..there will be Coffee and Donut van, Ice Cream van, Ice Slushee van, and the Surfers Paradise drag race club are running a sausage sizzle..Porta Loo toilets will be there...not much shade at all...Parking will be on Lakeside Drive, then out onto the Hwy., depending on how many turn up..best to bring a chair, and a hat!'

 Looking forward to it, as this is where I met Anita (pictured getting a trophy)..we met in that tower, just over 40 years ago....fell in love...and still madly in love with her....xxxxx
 now..my other love..hot rods...nice pick-me-up..


 Graeme Robinson from Maleny sent this pics, of the vintage bike meet held up there a week ago...















 Havasu Deuces...another bucket list event for me...
 and..who asked why I was limping so bad....hgere it is...I had "Heel Pain" !!!
 Kenny Mitchell has drug out another Model A tub from his collection, and it is up for sale!...
 There are a few more bits and pices as spares, that will go with this tub, but at a package deal...
 The tub, as you see it  with another wheel....$6500 takes it with a quantity of spares
 Ph Kenny on 0411 239 041..located southside of Brisbane...
 anyone got parts for sale...send me pics, prices, phone #s.., I will add them in my blog
 I still have this old 30/31 radiator 4 sale..
 and the stone tray..
 and the posts..
 and the mini-deuce body..on e buy for $370..or here for $350...



Next Sunday, 10th April....see you there maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment