Wednesday 20 July 2016

Back when life was simpler......and fenders were optional.....some B&Ws off the net..

 I love the life I am living....but I often ponder the thought of how cool it would have been to be a rodder in the US, just after WW2...plentiful bodies.....and Fords...you didn't have to go for any other makes like what happens these days...(yep..I'm one-eyed, Ford bodies make the best hot rods...)
 bang the fenders off, and drive that thing..
 having fun...without too many rules, or peer pressure..
 but there were detailed cars to look up to...
 love this pic..
 A for effort..
... lotta $$$ probably in that engine maybe..
 If only cable TV and Discovery Channel were around, way back then..
 Is there a coupe in this photo....I got destacted...
 Ah like my buckets with a bit of rake...and a 60s flavour...I'm no fan of the low mount buckets you see these days...check the baby seat,,
 personal preference...I'm yet to be sold on the duvall style screens on anything..but especially Model As..sorry, but that's just me...Qld TAC...check those radius rod mounts please..think they'd pass..
 new chop, by the looks..
 wish I could lay my tools out like this...wonder if the little scone-grabber went on to be a hot rodder as well..
 clean, crisp lines, mint looking body....and the old car aint bad either!!
 can't we "grandfather" the fender laws, didn't need them then, so why now....
 Looks like this lot just heard about my coffee mornings....and are heading that way!!
 ever wonder just how many thousand flatheads were hot-rodded?
 a sunny day..a hemi..a vicky...life is just too good
 Good times..
 love this work in progress shots..this one's for you, Charlie Falzon..
 these would have been Happy Days,
 no money for paint here...
 all went into that blower conversion probably..looks like a Caddy flathead, with the top exiting exhaust..
dated 1959..I have  friendships forged from 52 years of hot-rodding...wouldn't change a thing!
 weekends in So-Cal must have been fun..
 Yep...fun times, by the looks..
 although work in the parking lot wouldn't be much fun..
 would be right at home at the Nostalgia Drags..love those front blower setups..
 spot on...don't change a thing, and it would be cool in the 50s, and cool right now..
now this was making a statement...might have to eat my words about Ts with a rake, as this Ardun powered T was a hit in the 70s..Was this Cotton Werksman?

No comments:

Post a Comment