Wednesday 10 August 2016

some pics, from "laid back Les"..his trip to Loo-ville..

 Here's a report from my man on the spot...Les W, doing his best to keep us up to date with the trip to the NSRA Nats in Kentucky...
Mike Fee offered a seat in his coupe, nothing like a road trip in style!
Met up with Randy martin on the way....
 some asst. pics...this from the "dare to be different" section..
 red oxide..always a winner...tough!..I could (almost) be swayed to the dark side...
 Nah..a step back to earlier stretched models is more my style...I need the stretch after putting on a few more kilos in New Zealand...I hit 105.5 kilos yesterday..(that's a nice 232 pounds!!)..get it?

 Adams rod shop build..glass body, with steel rain gutters..nice touch!
 Louvre perfection here!
 another in the "that's different" category
 here's one for the 60s "show n go " category..
 Here's one for the "This is how you build a hot rod" category.....nothing better, period!!
 the manufacturers displays are always great at the Nats..
 Shadow Rods had there new '36 radius rods on display..
 Winters had there new one piece bell/tubes dispayed..
 Here..take my money now..send it to my garage....lol
love it...reminds me of that street rod/race car look that I love..
 Not sure how this works, but Les assures it is a torsion bar thru the oil pan??..I can't figure it out...what sort of mounts are on the Y block..where do those springs end up..
Les purchased some cool fuzzy dice..has blootooth so you can play your tunes or answer your phone...the supplier said that Rocket Industries are going to stock them...cool!
 coupla days sleep, and les is back riding shotgun with Randy, up to Buffalo, N.Y., to pick up another pickup that randy bought...seeing the USA via hot rod road trips...what a life!
clever signwriting....have fun Les....now...what did I need at Macs...the'yre in Buffalo, methinks....

No comments:

Post a Comment