Saturday 11 May 2013

another wet day in May.....

As you can see, Glenn has started painting the Baslac Paint....I like the colour!....on one website, it lists it as "purple red"....and you can see why..here it looks sort of maroon..
 But here, in the shed with the flash..it's more red?.....can't wait to get it assembled and out in the sun.....probably start frame/drivetrain assembling later this month
 Told you I can't decide on wheels...two sets of Halibrands, two sets of Americans, and various steelies, spare new and used tyres, I'm set for the next 20 years!
 Glenn doing an expert job in paint prep.....I give him grief, I put way too much bondo in , then he has to rub it all off...but i'm getting better, mix a little at a time..haha.
 Thought I would show the grinding needed on a Ford Toploader to fit a CJ5 jeep top shift assy., needs to be cut out half way to the outside to fit the fork......(below)
 Here you can get an idea of how big the selector fork is, and the amount needed to remove, you can see the cutout outline on the gasket imprint.
 Col doing his bit...he has rebuild hundreds of Four Speeds in his life....but now remarks that the boxes seem to be heavier than he remembers..haha, we all suffer from that in out advancing years.

For those that think old tin is not around, look at this beauty the turned up on www.pewsplace.com . This website is a good read, so click on it as Lynn posts about 2 or 3 times a week on all sorts of rodding subjects....

1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting blog on surface coating colleges, You are a very skilled blogger. I've joined your rss feed and look forward to seeking more of your excellent post. Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks! Thank You!!!

    ReplyDelete