Wednesday 22 May 2013

mid week ramblings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysC_xl4LjQw
 I was given a copy of the old black and whites that Brier Thomas took at Surfers...I will come up with some gems, like this one of Ricky Stapleton and the 409 powered T
 I have also decided to change back to a Dellow bellhousing rather than the scattershield...the shield needed a block plate and longer dowels, but with the other on hand, easier just to change.
 The ladder bars took a bit of fine tuning, getting the measurements correct for the final time, hope I did it correctly, as it's a hard piece to deal with....squared/pinion angle etc.
 How about this vintage pic....that's the 70s for you...Tommy Fulton...me in the orange gear..w.t.f....Kenny Brown.., John Cowling
 Anita & I at a 70s rodrun...remember those floppy hats we all had then?
 My first taste of drag racing back in 1967....we built this beast in 18 days to run the Winternats, or sum'n like that...272...3speed..mainline diff....wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! 
Hope I don't regret this in the roadster...3.9, 31 spline, L.S.D....vroom vroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment