Wednesday 28 August 2019

great three week trip, with a sad ending..

 We drove 5000 miles, saw lots of cars, but showed my passengers different parts of USA they had never seen before...As usual, we were welcomed wherever we stopped, that's what I like about America...I think they like us Aussies...(they think our accent is cute ! ! )

 Called in to nearby Mineral Springs to see the famous Baker Hotel...another small country town that is re-inventing itself...







 You see lots of cool cars in country towns...

 Thursday night means car show at Boo-Rays in Hudson Oaks, west of Fort Worth..















 I've had a great friend for the last 25 years in Texas..Charlie Duran..here he is on the right, when he travelled to Australia to go to our Street Rod Nats in Geelong..sadly, he passed away in the week I was on the road..luckily, I had called in to see him the 2nd day I arrived...R.I.P., Charlie...always a mate..he welcomed many aussies into his home...we will miss him...



 Here are some cars from his memorial service we attended..




 Myself, Charlies son Tony, and our host and guide, ex-pat Les Winter







 We heard about this car show, so headed off early for it, so I could show my fellow travellers some eye-openers...
 The huge sporting goods chain called Cabelas/Bass Pro Shop...






 guns a plenty..



 even a long range sniper rifle.....gun laws??...go figure!
 rack 'em, stack 'em...


 another shop had the tiniest battery lawn mower I have seen...no good on my 3 acre plot !
 Last car show...we got there at 6pm, but it was so darn hot, we retreated to the air con for a couple of hours...
























 Malcolm checking out the Ford six in the stang..










 so that's it...23 days on another brilliant US trip..
 Sunday morning, packed the Suburban for the trip to the airport..
 keep jammin' it in....
so, there you go..."That's all, folks !! "....now home and waiting for the pain of the credit card overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment