Monday 9 September 2013

Still waiting for trim in the roadster...

 Here's a reminder about the coffee mornings....this months is on this coming weekend, 15th Sept....I didn't realize I had screwed up this month....seems that the date was in the ASRF newsletter for last weekend...and some folks turned up....sorry!!!
 I can't help myself...I've changed out the rims again after the Deuces Run...those 7s on the back were rubbing on every corner...after checking, they have about 10mm more backspacing than my 8 1/2"s...these have bigger tyres and vary rarely rub...I geuss I should have had the wheel wells squared up a bit more ay back when...
 I could always go all 70s with a wider diff and widen the fenders......said no hot rodder ever!!...I can't understand why anyone would do that....how many Model As have we seen with the tapering running boards....I think someone needs to print a book on what to do...and what you should never do, when building a hot rod....like Holden/L300 front ends in model As and 32s....that's like walking down the street with a tear in you trousers.....and ya giblets there for all to see...(JUST DON"T DO IT!)..If it HAS to be independent, it has to be a Rod Tech or Rod City.....or sumpin like that..(IMHO).....but if you like that look..OK...I just prefer the look of a beam axle, where the fender lets you see everything...now, in my opinion, from 33 on is ok..'cause it's mostly hidden.
 So, like our friend Lynn gave Pepe something new....Tommy the Tudor has new 145 nankangs on the 41/2s, and we'll try the long polished caps for a while....
 Started cleaning the shed today, need to move the "stock" around a bit, there will be just enough room to get the Tudor and Roadster in this almost dust-proof bay of the shed.....gives me room back next door for the next project!!
 Dougie the Budgie caressed and finessed my tack rail..just needs more Walnut paint.
 Almost finished...looks heaps better than the pale colour it was..just need a seat now and I can call in the TAC inspectors...maybe tomorrow...
 I took a photo of my plates, sent them off to (www.vistaprint.com.au) and had them made into a magnetic stick-on, as well as a decal....I want to take the original plate off once it has rego, and mount one of these smaller ones just under the moon tank.....
 All the Red Wagons are hanging up now...they take up way to much room on the floor, so a little display looks ok...I have three smaller ones as well in the hotrod room.
Continuing the clean-up....hung all my spare intakes together....I think I have a problem....I can't seem to let go of anything much these days...I'd rather just have it all hanging as decorations.....that's it....nothing more to report until later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment