Wednesday 18 September 2013

This is a good week!...regos and birthdays!

September always seems to have lots of birthdays.....must have been those end of year parties...anyway, happy 33rd to my son Chris...I was always proud of what he did, but sure glad he doesn't do the freestyle anymore...scary to watch!!

 Also, while we're well wishing...happy 60th to Mal, "The Carbalah Kid"
 Last minute to do jobs before rego on the roadster, was to quieten it a bit, and the easiest was to make some inserts for the 2 1/4' pipe. had Scott at Cleveland Exhaust pump some 2" up until it fitted neatly inside the 2 1/4"..then radially drilled some expansion holes...this wasn't enough, so I welded another scrap piece, cut angled tabs into the pipe, and bent them inwards, so it disturbs the flow, and now, it is noticeably better....I just drove them inside the existing tailpipes, and hello...job done!
 Dumb-ass me never thought to check the drive gear for the toploader...I had an XE pulse sender, and thinking it was C4...it would fit the 4 speed..wrong!!..the one on the right is correct...but after fitting it all up, it didn't seem to send the right message to the TPI speedo.....quick call to Darren at Oz-Rods is needed!!
 Darren sent me the new pulse sender, Glenn connected it temporarily, we put a drill on the end, and presto....needle started moving.....had to saw off the excess brass so it would clear the exhaust, but it all went in and it works...had to have the speedo reading for rego purposes, they wouldn't accept it without!
 So, down I go...three trips, but that's 'cause I didn't take ALL paperwork needed...double check this to save some grief....so I put it on LH9 limited rego, and with the new $4 per hundred stamp duty....the $190 or so yearly fee cost me $1553 for the initial payment....who says Queenslands going broke!...also decided to tack some insurance on to my existing Tudors policy..Shannons does great coverage,cost $466.
 My hiccup was the plates that I have owned for 15 years...I forgot they are in BOTH names, so back to get all Anitas particulars added...I could have just taken the "S" plates, but wouldn't look right without the OOO 032 on it...first job I did...took the wipers off and stored them under the seat for a rainy day!...Might even take it for a cruise this Sunday to the ELIMINATORS show/shine/swap at Beenleigh.
Good last minute news from tonight...Darren has had the TAC done and it all passed on the coupe...rego Friday morning..Valla Friday arvo, that's the plan....this car would have to be one of the coolest hot rods ever built in Aus...No need for "bling" ..just a clever combination of original patina, with high quality detail and finish underneath ...Top Ten everywhere, I'd say!...I hope it never gets painted, just leave it original! 

No comments:

Post a Comment