Wednesday 15 February 2017

bits n pieces, and mid week run..

 This week, my mid week 9Thursday) guys n gals lunch run went to Harrigans Irish Pub at Calypso Bay...was a toss up in the heat, to either eat outside with the cool sea breeze........or..
 inside with the air-con cranked up...both were pleasant, and the 45 people that turned out enjoyed themselves
 Now here was a wise desicion, Dennis Campbell host the same sort of run as I do, but usually a Wednesday for those on the Tweed/Gold Coast area, but as my run was 1/2 way to the coast, he decided to bring his followers along..3rd time we've tried this, and it works well!
 didn't count the cars...lets see...about 8 here..
 another 8 here..

 trying the difference between my camera and my phone camera..






 and another..
 another two...wow..look at that tudor..nice..
couple more over the back...'twas a great day out..good company, great food, and the cars don't matter, it's all about catching up, sharing a story or a laugh..as L.P. would say, "No Bad Days"
Les W sent me this pic., just to show he arrived ok in Texas, and along with buddy Charlie, they toddled off to my favourite eating joint in Willow Park, the R&K Cafe....9Dang..wish I was there)
His first job is to get onto the progress of his 5 winda coupe, make a desicion on either keep or ditch the retro alloy firewall, but also to sell off the Kugel suspended frame, as a new buggy spring version is being built for him at Dirtys Speed Shop in dallas..
forgot to mention today, J.I., this is what a stock Chev fork normally looks like..
 found some pics on my old hard drive...the fun part of assembling newly painted parts.
 love this part of the job..
 also found some of Darryl Ks old flattie coupe he built a few years ago




always handy getting different ideas
and...the only pic I took at Toowoomba Swap..it was so stinkin' hot, I didn't venture out from the tent except to sell a few bits, and buy some Chico Rolls...a bunch of us take 3 sites together, and combine our sales bits..I added an extra site for 2018, so gradually, we will cover this corner of the Main Arena...great swap, but just usually too hot in February, and at $60 a site..$240 for the four, and $15 a head for spectator entry, some people are questioning the worth of it all...I just write it off as a good social weekend away, and hope to either come home with a much needed part..or just a pocket full of $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment