Sunday 12 February 2017

Blog #776, coffee morning #60, temperature 32C...my day by numbers!

We were warned it was to be a scorcher in Brisbane today...but didn't get up the scale too much in the Redlands, thanks to that stiff breeze...and I was surprised to see so many come out today in spite of the heat..thanks, always like seeing a good roll up, and quite a few new cars/faces as well!
 The Mayor made it over from Russell Is., innovative guy you are Paul...ask him about the electric car for the Island
 32-28-32-28 seems to be the trend at these runs..
 or black-black-black-black...should I start "specialty parking"..lol
 lots of new mid 50s-60s US and aussie cars joining in as well.
 Just thinking this week, hadn't seen Col for a while..one cool pickup right there!

 40 and a model 40...
 plenty of build-styles...aint hot rodding great.
 there was a blue ute section, with the ElCamino....
 and the HD...
 and long distance award goes to....didn't ask what hour the Tozers left from Elimbah..1 1/2 hr drive!
 the range of later models is welcomed...love the iconic aussie cars, and US muscle.
 Thank goodness for these shade sails..
 Ford vs GM...love 'em both
 rear end shots for a change..
 found this SAtude up in the back row..
 more rears..
 and more..
 lonely Chev truck, out on its own..
 more
 more..
and some fronts..
 was good for a lot of us to catch up with Les W before he heads back to his other life in Texas, USA, out of the frying pan, and into the cooler...still a bit chilly in the US, have fun over there old mate..see you at the end of the year....Chris-Les-ME-Doug-Mick
 Now..32 owners...I bought in 15 of these medallion/key rings, and they all went in a week, so I have ordered 15 more, should be here in a week or more, so let me know if you need one..$10 each
greg 0437 32 31 33 , or greg@comstar.com.au
 mid-week lunch run this Thursday, 16th Feb..meet at BP Staplyton at 10 am, catch up for a coffee, before we head to lunch at Harrigans Irish Pub, CalypsoBay.

 Saw these GM/HQ Holden pattern Halibrands at Rocklea swap..Ted Pavlow had them for sale..$2000 for four, with knockoffs, 17 x 7 from memory..if you need them, email me at greg#comstar.com.au and I will get the info to you re contact details.
 I forgot to take my Borg Warner 35 to the swap meet..was a runner from an XE 6cyl Falcon..anyone need one..make me an offer, and I won't be offended..lol 0437 32 31 33.
 like wise, the steering column from it...
but the 16 x 8 wheels off it, I need to get a few $$$ for these..I had $200 the set on them at Toowoomba..tyres a pretty well unroadworthy though.
 I do want to have a clean out, and I just might sell some of the parts I have been holding..just not sure yet..like this 36 ford dash...I have it soaking in my molasses bath to see how good it is...
 but the waterfall is good..near perfect I would think....man, these seem to fetch big $$$$
I have a pair of old school 15" rims with 16" early Ford 5.5" centres welded in...massive offset, but still cool looking..don't think I will get around to using them, so give me $300 pair!

 sold one flathead..two more to go..this is a 59 block 239 24 stud 1946-48 style motor..doesn't turn over, just the way I bought it, so suit rebuild..I will take $600 for this germ..I mean Gem...
and..the early 24 stud, 81 block, 38-39 era,truck style.. it does turn over, and was sold to me as a supposed good useable motor...I will take $800 for this, but I have a dist and carb, so I may get around to trying to start it..if so...you know the deal..running engine=.price goes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment