Tuesday 21 February 2017

Whaat!! three blogs in one day!

A few conversations have come up of late, about the fact that a lot of us like collecting things, that sort of go along with the cars/hobby that we are in...that video I put up a week or so ago shows how far you can go, and by the looks, you have to have deep pockets to dress the man-cave or house!
 My own collections..well, as most know, I love collecting early Australian Hot Rod and Drag Race magazines..I like that history part, as I grew up with it..trouble is, I can't stop, and now the US magazines are bulging the cupboards..think I have over 4000 books now.....
 and..the addvertising..the early catalogues...early show programs..it keeps growing..
 some rules books....do I need therapy yet?...
 about twenty years ago, I started collecting US licence plates, but I have culled them down to about 100, likewise, I have been culling my little red wagons..down to 5 big ones now..but..
 still have a few of the much smaller size as well...
 I also had a wall of valve covers and multi carb intakes...only this little display now
 a few old tins and bottles from the past...
 even still have a grenade that Dad gave to me back in the 50s..
 Had one..sold it...got another..old Simplex extinguisher.
 two old Commomwealth money boxes is enough..
 The tins are depleting..not many left, and I got rid of most of my oil bottles..
 Pennzoil looks a bit new..still..collectable one day..had a bowser as well, let it go..shouldn't have!
 The older they get, the more money they are worth...as you will see down further
I do have lots more...about 100 T shirts...old crash helmets...all my old trophies..where does it stop..
 And..into the world of buying and selling collectables...talked this week with Alan Kew in Kyogle, he has a bunch of collectables for sale, and just look through these next pictures..anything of interest to you, phone him on 0423 663225 at reasonable hours...
 This Shell top alone is $220..the Vacuum bottle $120




 something like this will sell for $200

 good old Golden Fleece...$190 buys it..

 different G.F., still $190!
 Valvoline sign, looks like maybe of an oil rack?..anyway, it's $200
 old maps anyone..dress up the games room!
 I had one of these maps...better go dig it out again..
really rare items like these oil bottle tops fetch big $$..these..over $500..

So, there you go...time to start collecting..remember when you go to the local garage sales, deceased estate sales, you just might find a bargain, then the hard part..to keep...or to sell..

No comments:

Post a Comment