Saturday 6 July 2013

What to do on a cold sunday morning,....Think I need to have a blog!

 So...in between moving Mother-in-law to an aged care home last week, I managed to get a few more bits done on the frame....pretty sure it is all bolted on as far as I can go now, just need the body...clutch and brakes are bled, motor runs, tailshaft in, alternator mounted, fuel in the tank,everything is topped up with oil and water!
Had a little problem with the headers that originally were on Warren Wilkies coupe back in the 80s...because his motor was front mounted, the pipes just touched my side mounts....Here's my quick fix....ring Warren again and get a set of his header flanges...just use two sets of gaskets and space the pipes away from the heads...easy!!
 Glenn has the whip cracked on himself, and is getting more bits to me every couple of days...cold weather has been a problem with the painting, slowing it down a bit, but we're away again....the trunk lid is ready to fit, looks kinda purty, don't it!
 I screwed up the last rear spreader bar...I must have "substance abused" when I made the first one, as it hit the tank...so the new one I made now has tapped ends rather than bolt n nut ends, and with the 60mm tube I used, it fits tight in the rails, so I added some curved end caps that finish off the end of the frame rather than being open..I'm still not sure if I will also add to the outside, (front and rear), some P&J style alloy nerfs.
There always seems to be stacks of fiddly little brackets...can't thank Glenn enough for the work that goes into painting a hot rod completely.Lots of hours!
 You might not be able to read this, but it shows the committee for Jadis Rod and Custom club...Glenn Watts, Treasurer.....found lots of stories like this in the mags, early Roadstars/Rods Inc./Cheetahs/Bay Area bits...We must be old!!!
Found this cool pic on google images....sure wish we could drive 'em like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment