Monday 16 January 2012

rear end..front end etc.

Time to fit the actual diff i will be using. This is a 56 " wide 31 spline round back, housing done by OZRODS, and custom Yukon axles by Aussie Diffs. My home brew alignment jig uses more clamps,levels,magnets than you would find in a Trade tools store! But the main thing is, with lots of measurements, it gets the job done. I checked the engine and it is 3degrees to the rear, so rear end will be set at 3 degrees up to compensate...well, that's what all the chassis books say works.Supposed to stop tailshaft vibes!
Look at these cool new spring hangers from So-Cal Speedshop. I had intended using the Pete n Jakes hangers at first, but these only work with the original style curved spring, and I ended up with a 40 Ford style So-Cal spring, so a quick call to SoCal and they were here in 8 days!..great service!A1.
The lights are mounted now, and I'm trying to figure how to mount the tank, in a way that the front licence plate can be incorporated without lookin too ugly...think I might put it on a pivot under the spreader bar, and let it get bent up outa sight! maybe I can just get the letters/numbers painted on the tank?? Working out shocks and the mount style too..I have some flat plate ones from Toowoomba R&C, or I have F100 style, also got some off a Harry Potter car that might not look so bad....
don't look too close..it aint finished yet!...but you see the idea of cutting out the firewall to use an angled toe board, and notice there is an extra pedal there now..the toploader is back in. even a factory XA shifter I have is bolted on and just clears the low tunnel I created...Think I'm getting somewhere, lots of little jobs seem to sort themselves out with not too much trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment