Wednesday 15 May 2013

paint choices and other stuff!!

 As you can see, I have turned the corner as the frame has paint!....this time next week, I should be assembling the frame etc, but the body has yet to be started on...I did have fun choosing the colour, and as an example, I have shown some of my "might di it this"..I found them all by typing the car or name or make etc. into google search, then clicked images....really helps when trying to find something different, and my final choice came off a 1950s Russian Zil army truck....(with a bit of red added)..
Now to try to remember....this is Buckskin Brown from memory...I found lots of good colours not only on US and Aussie cars, but English Fords, Hillmans, Austins, old motorbikes, European cars...and trucks, look at some of Fords F series paints. Or just go for a custom mix like Cupageno.
This is 1940 Ford Cloudmist Grey....I also like the Folkstone Grey.
This is Dark Rose beige maybe...also try , Morocco Beige, Desert Sand, Tunis Grey, Cordoba Grey, Brewster Green, Old Chester Grey...all from the 30s.
www.oldholden.com have all the codes for all models, this is Durham Beige, but look also at Seacombe Green, Burnley Cream, Mission Grey.
EK Holden Garrison Grey.....try all the old Holdens from FX to HK...some great choices.
1932 Ford Emporer Brown, also look at the Winterleaf Brown.
Think this is 1967/68/69 era GM colour called Sandalwood Tan.
FB Holden Sandstone Beige.....just click on a car model and hit images..lots of ideas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment