Friday 4 October 2013

Most important note for October....cancer awareness!!

 Guess we should think about health all year 'round, but nice to see it "pushed" hard in October...way too many people we know are affected.....
 So....here are some specs I found online...scary, isn't it!!
 OK, so I made my fender brackets purposely light-weight, so they would fall off, and then I couldn't run them....haha..it's an unfortunate "must have" for Qld......but what peeves me the most.....is that our own rodding community feel they have to "dob" someone for no fenders......why is this??...we have a transport and police department that should be the only ones that care...like in the USA where they have fender laws, but the police have better things to do than worry about some fenderless hotrods!!
 Anyway...off my soap-box and back to work...the new rears were made two way adjustable, so I can change wheels and easilt change the offset or height..I used some 1" x 1/4" flat, added some 1" x 1/8" flat to form an angle, then added more 1" x 1/4" flat at the corner, then some 3/4" box to stiffen, and Hello...sturdy as....the five holes in the bottom adapter have been made into a long slot, so the fender can go back, as well as up if needed, and still use three bolts to secure to the housing.
 Fortunately, the same front tyre size was used, so fender brackets just had to space inwards a tad to compensate for the 5" rims, compared with the 4 1/2" Halibrands
 Here's the adapter, that is now slotted....there are 5 holes in the brace welded to the diff housing, so it can move back and upwards, and still use three bolts to hold it firm.
 This gives me the scope to change to any of my rear wheel combos with little work
 Instead of the tying the top and bottom arms on the side, like many others are done, (see below)..I decided just to tie them under the fender, for a little more clearance...but the still stand out like a wart on the end of your nose.......think I'll get a print company to do a "wrap" for them, with a suttle "FTF" logo all over the fenders...


 So, here is the finished look currently, just need to get the front down a bit, maybe quiten the exhaust a bit, need to adjust the hood again, and touch up some painted areas,wipers are off, just waiting on an inside mirror and it'll be done. Got the add on e bay now at $46000 as is, or $48500 with the Halibrands thrown in as well.
So, the interior is now finished, thanks to SCP Automotive 0432288515, ...because I supplied the leather, and modified the seat and made the door cards...the whole job ended up being less than $2000...I'm happy with that!
 Here's my latest toy....just one problem I have to sort out...It's three phase, which I don't have at my shed...so I'm comparing a single phase motor vs a 3 ph. upgrade.....also, check around for snakes...I always get Carpets, which don't worry me, but some people I talk to have seen browns and blacks on the move......look out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment