Monday 22 August 2016

Tuesday mornings edition...Blog # 680!

(By the way, I just saw the previous blog I posted/shared from the net, just click on the word "services", and it opens up the page I was trying to share)

Now..to todays blog... a few "dark deuces" have been posted on facebook lately...thought I'd share them .....
 this black on black trend is certainly the flavour of the month..
 is that dark green and black?...my eyes aren't that good...
 and the wires are becoming trendy again..
 look at above and below...love them both, and would be happy with either..
 although...I would take this instead of the shiny one...
 lotta gloss here...and more different wheel choices..
 locals...if you want a neat deuce roadster, this will be available soon..Barbara Rudken wants to sell ,and Dave Fairbrother will be looking after the deal.. price will be sorted out soon...maybe around 60K...full details in a future blog, but call me if it interests you..Greg 0437 32 31 33.
 Meanwhile..Les W , my ace Texas reporter got an invite to a 96 car collection..
 hot rods and race cars, and not one deuce!
 40 delivery
 rare 2 door wagon
 nice convert
 Willys just back from Louisville NSRA Nats Louisville
 nice paint and panel work
 big is the word in Texas...toy hauler..workshop..car collection..awesome.



even had his own chassis dyno...
 maintenance time on the tudor...poor camera skills with my phone, but the vacuum canister on my Nardek electronic distributor has somehow stopped working..probably the cause of the erratic timing it has at idle..new parts on the way same day from www.NARDEK.com ..they are good to deal with.....a complete elec dist, with coil, leads etc is usually around $200 with delivery included from Sydney..
 chasing a squeak in the rear end, so ordered new bushes from Oz-Rods/Rod Tech...7 bolts just slid out, but #8 had frozen inside the steel bush..after two hours trying....a new 5" cutoff wheel was needed to slice the bolt...so good that those thin disc were invented...and also so lucky for me, that it was the lower rear, so access was easy, but still scary grinding sparks near a full fuel tank..
 would have been a drama in any other location...I just use "Never-seize"..wonder if there is anything better...don't want this to happen again...but that being said...15000 miles is all I've done, and those bushes were really worn out...oh well, the cost of hot-rodding...
 maintenance didn't stop there...there was a small leak, well, drip actually from the back plate of the chinese chrome water pump...and there in lies the answer...the chrome n alloy had bubbled a bit, the gasket looked like a piece of Cornflakes carton, so while it is apart...new hoses, new water with more inhibitor, as the thermostat was really ratty looking, so that will be changed as well...might change the oil as well, it's been in there since coming back from Geelong 2011!!..only done 4000 miles though....maybe i might leave it for a few more years....lol
 Now..I have mentioned  about some pieces for sale, and if you want anything listed..send some details to me at greg@comstar.com.au
First up is a spare Windsor Offy intake my son has..he wants $150..good condition, dull polish needs a buff again, ph me on 0437 32 31 33.
 I have about 10 asst SB Chev distributors that I will list soon..
 and some A parts. like this 30/31 firewall hoop

pulleys...I have lots of pulleys..
 and as we speak..Dave Winter ends some adds thru...he wants to sell his roadster, most people know the car..it's a ripper, on Qld LH9 rego, and $95,000..ph Dave on 0417 222 185.
 Dave also has a 3.5 gallon MOON tank and brackets for $650..
Dave has these Qld plates that were destined for a Hemi project..$650..He also has a pair of bucket seats for $200, same/similar to the ones in his current tudor build..I will see if I have a photo..
hope these are the ones you meant, Dave...ph. him to confirm..0417 222 185.

No comments:

Post a Comment