Tuesday 18 July 2017

Been away...so here's a catch-up of sorts....

 Now, anyone who knows me understands that I like my holidays, just as much as my hot rods...been travelling with this group for a long time now, and we try to grab a weekend here n there...7 couples made the 3 1/2 hour trek to Kilkivan Bush Camp....power n water, but no phone or TV..great!
lots of food n drink around a campfire..love my aussie bush camps..
I might be heading for 70, but still seem to be able to attract birds....................
 remember I said I found some old picture files...here's some more...my 32 sedan when it first arrived in OZ from Arizona...2004.
 2 years later, at the newly opened Toowoomba Rod n Custom, and the body was finessed by Warren.
 this was the rear end it came with..wonder what it was, or where it got to?..looks huge!
 came across this old coupe about 10 years ago...wonder if it still is there...in the bush, on a property, on the main road, just before the Esk turnoff, as you come down the hill..opposite where the tractors and wrecking yard was..you duck in before the old servo...
 at $5000 at the time, I thought it was a bit steep...

 Tom Fulton found this out the other day..I had forgotten about that story..

 Deuce Day at the Petersen last weekend..been lots of photos, but I only downloaded these few...




This brought back memories....after the "75 Narrandera Nats, playing in the snow..
Les Winter..Darryl Kuhnemann at the back, and myself, helping support our work of art.
 reminder if you are local, my "Boys Day Out" run is on next Wednesday, 26th July, and it starts by meeting at the BP Truckstop at Yatala at 10am, meet for coffee, then head down to Peachey Road, Ormeau to visit Steve Coades "Early Times Autos" shop...probably leave there about 12:30..
 then we'll head back towards the M1, and stop at the Shearers Arms Pub for lunch..

Steves house is on the corner of Peachey and Philbern..the driveway is opposite #86

No comments:

Post a Comment