Thursday 11 April 2013

Gettin' close to paintg decisions,

I found 4 litres of dark blue paint left over from my Tudor project, so maybe...I can flatten it and add some black, rather than the shiny finish like this one....watcha think?
I've also looked at Cream, Maroon, Grey, Light Blue, Mid Green, Matt Black, and Orange...so confusing.....
Last minute jobs before I forget...ran a few earth straps to the body/chassis/engine.
I'm using the donor XE Falcon Borg Warner rear brakes on the 9", so had to make this little adapter in the X member to hold the cables....now all I have to do is open the centre hole on the backing plate a little, so the 9" axle will go thru.
Just need to finish welding the bracket on the scattershield for the XY slave cyl., and then make up the hydraulic line.
Need to "Sikaflex" all this tubing to the body, then it can go out for prep and paint.


  


Love the colour on this 37 coupe...might even go for that on the roadster

Or maybe the colour on this rat rod would be good as well...like the drab olive./army green sort of look!!
 
As per this year in Queensland, the weather has turned nasty, so I don't think I will get to Sundays big day at Willowbank for the Auto Spectacular...but I sure hope it fines up soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment