Sunday 25 September 2016

Bayers Brekkie Bivouac

 So...does a bit of rain at the Bayers brekkie deal qualify for my record of "no rain at my coffee runs".
bit of a technicality...but it was only a few spits...so I'm claiming no rain again!!...here's some of the 82 cars that turned out...
 amazing, considering the number that would have gone to Valla already, and the hundreds that drove to Bribie for the 'Wheels n Water" show....and who knows what else...there was a swap meet as well, I hear..
 some cars got the power park covered sites...

 can't beat a Mustang Fastback..
 another leaving our shores...heading back to New Zealand shortly..



 the detail underhood was very very good...notice no booster/m/cyl, etc, no wires or lines much..underside of hood...clean!
 HD...stands for HanDicaped parking spot,....










umm...what does that licence plate say.......
 one of the Bayers friends had some magazines to get rid of..I managed to score this early 1965 issue
 flicked thru it tonight..always lots of good old stories and features, reminders of our past..and who remembers all those Eddie Ford cartoons...he had/has a talent!
haha..then you find letters to the editor.....from me!...well, I was just 14 years old...!!!
My workshop has been bursting at the seams, with all the parts I have collected lately, and all the parts from Wally that I have been selling off...methinks, it might be time to dispose of some of my own...you realise that your 66 years old...can't find the time to finish the coupe you are building...there's three chassis spare, a hemi, 4 sb chevies, 4 flatheads, 4 dropped axles, 5 asst 8" and 9" rear ends, complete, most already narrowed , 4 auto gearboxes, 5 manual chev bellhousings, ....If  I don't sell some parts, I'll still be building cars at 90!.....but is that such a bad thing...these days, I don't care if I finish another or not..just happy to be involved in the sport, keeps my brain sharp, sort of, and the body active, sort of...

No comments:

Post a Comment