Monday 19 September 2016

bit of catch-up blog..

 weekend just gone in Texas was the 40th anniversary run of the Deuces Limited club..
 No details on the cars..just that 96 turned up for the weekend..





I've been to two of these..real nice people, nice venue..3rd week of September usually..good time to be in Texas, as you can catch Goodguys event usually following weekend..
 saw this on the net...wowsers...that is some engine...
 forgot to add this last week..Dion travelling in style...
 was just a tad excited about the mail last week...got hold of AHR #1,..only a few more to find now.....#4 Oct 64.,. Jan65,. .Feb/Mar 65,.. June 65,.. June 66,.. and Dec 66.
 we were talking flatheads the other day..and I mentioned the one I saw in Darwin, at the war museum...seems it's a mercury-Schramm compressor..2 cylinders fire, other two pump..see photo of other side as well down below here
 and..I'm led to believe that any bren gun carriers had merc motors as well...but, that was just on a forum, and you know the internet...never let the facts get in the way of a good story......
 would love to hear it run...bet there's on on You tube...I will post it if I find it...
 saw this as well..did I put this up before?...Doug n Robyn beside the Tronc 32...Narrandera 1977
This following info may be helpful to some of my aussie followers....and as usual..info is to the best of my knowledge..some specs on uni joints, and no..I don't have exact cross references to different brands..just something I had found from the old speed shop days..

2039 uni..GT front to GT yoke..K513XR
K513XR (square) some Ford and Chev front 
2030..Holden 253-308-HK 307-327 front (square)
2032..Holden 327-350 rear Salisbury Tank Fairlane, 12 bolt, or from Toploader yoke to Holden shaft, or Holden Yoke to Ford shaft.
2500..350 saginaw front suit HG Turbo yoke (square)
2502..HG salisbury rear- 
2034..-2009..253-308 shaft to GT yoke, or to Turbo yoke
1143105..Turbo tailshaft (square), replaces us style plastic clip unis
3000..GTHO rear
3002..GTHO front
2029..Ford borgwarner to GT yoke
2038..Ford Borgwarner to Borgwarner yoke (square)
114550..GTHO to Borgwarner
K5A530 Tank to Borgwarner

I will try to get more technical bits like this ..just helps to store this info..

No comments:

Post a Comment