Sunday 4 November 2012

45 days to go!...gotta get some work done!

Yeah...Dec 21st is nearly here, and that's when the world stops...according to the MAYAN calender....but I've got lots to do before that, so better "get er done".
I do like my mid day distractions, and Glenn Watts came around to check on the roadster progress...this neat convert he built 2 years ago is a stunner....uses 1990 Fairlane injected 302/4 speed auto, and the install is superb. Glenn managed to use the Fairlanes stock steering column and r&p steering, factory headers without modification essentially, along with many more bits from it...check out this car, it's cool!
Malcolm Case was down for Gary and Amanda Moles wedding, so we spent the morning washing and cleaning.....check my new look for Yamba with Halibrands, Moon tank, and no bumpers.....I will run like this for a while, then change it all back when I try it with the steelies I bought recently though.
Brisbane readers will identify with the name "Barnes Auto"...check out this wild rig I found in "google images"...I remember when I first got my licence in 1967 that the only place open to get fuel after hours was their depot in the city...who remembers going there?....or when the 20c coin slot after hours pumps came in a few years later!
Congratulations must go to the Mole family, seen here with newly weds Gary and Amanda, along with bridesmaid Penny, and proud parents Doug and Robyn.
No blog for a week....the wagon train is ready to roll to Yamba, as soon as the house-sitters arrive...always look forward to this hot-rod holiday at the Blue Dolphin.

No comments:

Post a Comment