Tuesday 13 November 2012

wednesday.....total eclipse day!

Sad day on Monday....I said goodbye to my Model A coupe....guess the laps I did around Yamba with some Castor Oil in the fuel prompted good friends Darren & Vicky Silich to add this beauty to their collection.....looks like the Hemi powered A tudor will take a back seat, along with the Charger......it couldn't have gone to nicer people!!
Also at Yamba, in the "dare to be different" category was this so- cool Commer Knocker, now repowered with a 502 BB Chev....air bagged, alloys, patina, it had it all, loved the flip over frame with a pallet attached, that covers the top of the 502!
Funny how some cars (or should I say builders) just know how to do something "spot on". I'm always impressed with what the Townsend family come up with, and this latest toy of Peters is one of my favourites........some hot rodders would look at this as a blank canvas..but to me, it's finished...don't change anything.
Finally got back to work on the roadster, as you can see, we're snakin' the exhaust thru the frame....I quite often come across these skins inside my shed, up in the mezzanine floor, and sometimes, the snake is still in its skin...gives you a bit of a fright, but I'm a big brave ses man, so I know what to do....."Anita! Help!!"....(I will see if I can find the pic of the big one I got out ten years ago, it was about 10 foot long....I put it in a sack and let it go down at Wello Point...scare some of the locals there for a change)
The original shock bracket didn't allow the pipe to go thru the gap without touching, so I extended the mount about 30mm over, now it clears fine. I had the two bolt holes available, so a scrap of 25mm plate was bolted on and it picks up a std exhaust insulator one end, and a much modded piece of box tubing welded to the pipe.....it holds everything in place very well, but I might just also add a tab and insulator somewhere on the rear frame horn to be sure. I have to re-locate the tab for the brake hose next. The tailshaft can be done later, and the loop is finished now.
Very simple exhaust in the end, I still need to slit the mufflers to get some clamp pressure, and flip the muffler clamps, but it's just about done, ready for the body again. This would have been Thursdays job, but I have to do an S E S /Police Forensic search all day tomorrow, (which is hard yakka, usually on your hands and knees thru all sorts of terrain looking for the smallest shred of evidence)..so I guess the job on the frame will just have to be done on Friday.....Luv my retirement, when you can pick and choose when, how and why your day will progress.

1 comment:

  1. A total eclipse day is an awe-inspiring and rare phenomenon that captivates people around the world. It is a unique event when the Moon perfectly aligns between the Earth and the Sun, casting a shadow on the Earth's surface. During a total eclipse, the sky darkens, and the Sun's corona becomes visible, creating a breathtaking display of nature's grandeur.What is vpn encryption and how does it work


    ReplyDelete