Thursday 28 February 2013

Pinch & a punch...1st of a hectic month!!

Had to buy some bulb holders from Rare Spares to fit to the headlight buckets, and these will work for the park lights and indicators , they use the smaller blade push-in bulbs, and I found these neat, "bright", LED indicators at Jaycar....along with the tiny led's that I will use in the dash....they have a great range!!
Unfortunately, we have to run wipers.....2 of the bastards!!...I found these at BIAS boating, they had regular black for $49, or the waterproof chrome jobies for $79, complete with blade and arm....I just had to shorten both though, and then changed and went to OZ RODS and bought their arms and blades...much nicer....the mirror was just made from left over bits, it was a hinge mount style that I cut off, drilled the inside for a threaded rod, and Hello, job done to pass rego...(TAC, don't read this.....these will all come off once it's registered!...maybe...like my fenders...will think about it!...only joking, gotta stick to the rules or we'll loose our rego deal!)
I said, don't laugh at my funnel...it works!, the water has to have somewhere to drain out...anyway, what I'm showing is that I decided to cut thru the flooor just in case I need to access the fuel tank fittings...I had to carve a hole in my tudor last year, and don't want that problem again! So, make the hole while it's being built...I just need to strenghten this area now when I take the body back off....no big deal.
Big battery will help to start the 11:1 350, and we are paying attention to the "Earths" required in a glass/steel car....you cannot have enough, so I have plenty inside, and there will be three body to frame, frame to engine, and body/frame to starter area. The extinguisher is mounted close by, behind the seat, almost out of sight.
the little panel for swithes is getting busy, but is now all wired for dipper, headlights, indicators,  ignition, and facing the driver will be the push horn and start.
I really like these type of mechanical brake light switches, they work perfectly, and just get activated as the pedal goes down, very simple, and much more reliable than the hydraulic ones I used to have.....main loom to engine comes out low on the firewall and drops to the inside of the frame, a small cover plate will eventually hide this transition.
Spent most of last week away in the outback anyway, as you know, I love my travel and caravaning as much as my hot rods, so rather than stay in Brissy when the storm was hitting, we went 8 hours west to Mitchell....... Artesian Hot Springs, great!
Fishing..swimming..relaxing..happy hour..pie shops..it's good to get away with friends!

We did come back to the rain...this was on the side of the road at Dalby...wet..wet..wet....Only in AUSTRALIA, hey!...."I love a sunburnt country, a land of sweepimg plains, of never ending ranges, of drought, and flooding rain..etc.etc."..think that's how the old poem goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment