Wednesday 13 February 2013

Valentines day......love is in the air!!

Yeeeeaah!....wiring time..Glenn came around and got right into sorting this maze out.........think this is always a time when you realise that it's getting close....yeah, I know some people can build a hot rod in 6 weeks....but I just like plodding along at my own relaxed pace,............ but I must admit.....it would have been good to have it done for the Nats.
Remember the little panel I made to catch the water from the boot area.....well, it has to go somewhere, so a funnel is glued in , with a pipe extending down thru the bottom of the floor, and, "Hello...water drains away".......have some neat little licence plate lights to hold the plate on, thanks to my son Danny....the black leds will go well with the flat black paint.
We decided to locate the battery on the floor, behind the seat, mounted to the rhs you can see, rather than in the boot. Access is available from the flip forward seat I made. Battery cutoff is on the left behind the seat, so all good there.....anyway, the diagonal rhs has wood panels mounted on either side to clean it up, and there is a plate welded as shown for all the "earths" to be  attached
My little unboltable under dash panel holds the dipper switch, headlite switch, ignition switch, and indicator toggle, and just above this, facing the driver is a push button starter switch as well.
The little under dash gauge panel is just visible from the drivers seat, so the three holes at the bottom will have glue in green indicator lights, and a high beam light in the centre. The switch at the top is for speedo calibration, and the toggle on the side is for the wipers. Glenn has done 50% of the wiring now, and most likely will be finished early next week...maybe time to pull down and start painting...yippee!
For some reason, I have a fetish with wheels ...maybe I just want different looks , but I have enough wheels here now to start a tyre shop! Think I will fit the newly aquired tyres in the front of this foto, to the Halibrands for the roadster, as they are about 1/2" taller, should look better, but I still can't make up my mind about the cream steelies...I'm into them now for about $1100 and not sure when or where I will use them....anyone need a set of these?.....new Nankang tyres, 15 x 7 and 15 x 5...,they come with new  41 Ford caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment