Thursday 17 September 2015

Some pics that got sent..some i took... Thursday night trivia...

 Who remembers the days of the QDRA parties down the Valley...Rod Arthur n Rod Marchant..
 Had to send another python back to the bush....they love my workshop!!
 The 70s......when you could drive your hotrod with no fenders, and no other rodder complained...they thought you were a hero!!...and the cops didn't seem to mind either...I got booked for undue noise in the old A bucket once....didn't even question why it had no fenders....
 Look at these...anyone in S/.E Qld recognise themselves?........Warren Jackson....



 Is that Graham Cowan ...and down the back..Doug Pross?

 This was my bucket after I sold it...big front tyres...welded on bobbed fenders...raised headlights??
 worlds scariest looking flame job...
 Just before it sold....with Chev n 4 speed instead of the Y block..
 So...I finished a few jobs on the coupe today.....so back down on the deck...
 need to put the body back on and do more fitting out...
 Couldn't figure out why my wheels didn't fit on...rang 1-800-Darren who reminded me that I had to redrill the Commodore caliper brackets....duh!...I forgot that//
 so I made a little template to move the holes up 3/4:...a bit of drilling, a bit of linishing, and the calipers now fit under the 15" wheels....(photos off my phone down further)
 There seems to be a stack of room between the c-notched frame and the rear end housing....think the pipes will hit the 4 bars before the bump stops....hmmmm...gotta fix that..
 body in position....a bit of Telstra rope...a chain block overhead.....and we have lift off...and...

 and Hello.....body back on...I will have to figure out a better way to do this once it has some paint on it..
Now I can get on with a seat, handbrake, pedals, column, gauges, belts, and lots more to keep me busy these next few months...
 From my phone...this is how it ended up....with the clearance I forgot about....
 the new holes up closer to the top by 3/4", and then I cut the lower holes off, and had to linish clearance across the centre to clear the top of the stub axle....easy job...took me about an hour...
here's the stock bracket before I shortened it....damn stupid brain of mine...can't remember anything these days...oh well, I am a senior citizen, so I have a reasonable excuse....

5 comments:

  1. Firstly Greg, I've got to tell you, I love your blog, I've been a lurker for a few months now and find it very interesting and informative. Keep up the good work.
    As a devout Deuce lover and owner (3W) from Sydney, I quiet frequently visit your blog. Hope to meet you guys soon on one of our annual visits to Carboolture (in-laws) must do one of your coffee runs.
    Just a quick question, the wheel stands under your 5W in the above photo. What are they made of?
    Regards,
    John Richards

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine put a mezzanine floor in his shed, and they use those laminated chipboard and pine to make the structural "H' beams....he had all these offcuts, so I just sat three together, nailed a plywood endcap on each end, and they are just the right height, easy to move, and hold up the weight easily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greg that picture of your old bucket in pink with the bobbed rear guards was taken by me Easter Thursday 1978 as Daryl Veith and I were about to head off to Bob Bowmans UnNationals in Cowra. Daryl is seen loading gear in the trailer with my late father looking at me taking the picture! Regards Steve Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Greg, sounds like a neat idea, I'll try building some.

    ReplyDelete