Thursday 21 January 2016

just some bits from this week...

 I'm hopeless with meaurements..so I made 4 different positions on my handbrake bracket...just in case i don't have enough adjustment in the threaded pieces...duh!
 nice little short cable operated Lokar should work out....tomorrows job...
 Ruby has been keeping me company...I too have been known to fall asleep under the deuce..
 my bargain swap meet handbrake cable kit must have been for something else..as it didn't come with the backing plate adapters...had to make a pair from some old metric bolts...they work fine..
 and the springs were too long...had to use some old genuine Ford ones...couple of hours work, and Hello...job done!
 Had to call into the KIWI Dynamo...Steve Coade, to pick up the steelies I bought for the coupe....Steve just landed this old gal for a Nth side rodder..
 He still has this early A tudor for sale, as well as the one below...one is $12000 from memory, other is $13000...get in early, as he is off to buy more at Turlock Calif swap this weekend, then back 12 days later in time for Toowoomba swap.....

 another A coupe on its way to a new owner in Darwin, while another went to the Alice...you have to be quick!
 this semi-complete 34 cab/bed/fenders/hood/grille might be gone as well..try him..041 283 1956.
 another project he is working on for a customer..
 Steve has this 354 Hemi available at $3900, as well as a fairly complete 348....be quick!..he leaves again this Sat.
 Had to laugh at his movable polishing stand....
 Reminder of something to do locally on Australia Day...
 And, down my way in the afternoon...
 then on the 31st January...a special coffee morning at Vicky Point, as Les Winter has made the desicion to start his US adventure...he leaves early Feb, but will travel back and fro over the next few years

 On facebook, I belong to a group called "Aussie Historic Hot Rods"...fun seeing all the old pics from way back when...here's my old road-duster from 1973..originally started by John Davies in the early 60s, then a bit more completion by Kenny Isaacs, then my finished product before the paint change..
 hah! early 70s, dressing up for the fashion parade...out of 10...how did I do...haha.

75 Nats...had the Yellow paint now, but still a Y block....but changed it to a 283 Chev a few months later....even had injection on the street for a while....
 anyway...I'm back into the coupe, in amongst other things that all take time...
But I sometimes wonder....why am I working on a 'glass coupe, when I have a deuce tub needing some love....

No comments:

Post a Comment