Friday 25 March 2016

got more magazines...keep 'em coming!!

 I haven't stopped trying to collect all the old magazines, so I can track our hot rod/drag race history here in Australia...every week, seems I either buy or get given a few more to fill the gaps....
Really would love to gat Aust Hot Rod #1, and especially Aust Hot Rod June 1966, and Aust Hot Rodding Review 1966...as the last two probably covered the US Dragfest..
 Don't you just love the adds we grew up with in the '60s....here's a believable bunch...

 What?...he bought a Jeep!...well, there cheap enough to take a 1/2 dozen...
 Hmmmm....
 bargains...we should have bought more..
 famous slogan..


 Quick....take my money!!....woo-hoo..
my kinda man..no exercise, no weights, just $1.98...
 Here's a bunch that arrived today, with a few from the last lot as well...
However...I do end up with hundreds of double ups that I need to move on..
 some cool stories I stumble across..


 and a bunch of cool pics to choose from now....only trouble is this reading, scanning, saving, and blogging has taken me most of the day to do, hence no work on my deuce coupe..


 check the slant 4cyl..



 Look at this..Mickey Thompson cut one of those 4 cyl Tempest motors into a 2 cylinder....and stuck a blower on it...and hello....made 257HP @ 5500rpm, but rattled so much, it broke parts on the dyno...
and...if you're ultra rich...why not use two indy ford V8s...with those 180 degree headers, it must have sounded weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment