Friday 28 April 2017

Thursday run to Beerwah..top day for it!


The meeting place going north is always BP at Caboolture, and there was a decent roll-up by the time I arrived from the southside...about 15 cars from memory, and about 30+ people..and, brilliant sunshine, 28 degree weather...not bad considering it rained the day before..
 usual catch up in the car park of the pub...only drawback at this place, is they won't take an order until 12!!
 just a few of the cars in the following pics..









 I counted 58 in the end, seated for lunch..great turnout!

 A model that I hadn't seen before..I didn't carch who it was..

 This event is on this weekend..will get some pics soon..
 but..I did see a video of Burgers pickup on facebook...nitro fed hemi was rumping along like a AA Fueler!
 Next of my events is my Boys Day Out this coming Thursday..yes, I know I normally hold them on Wednesdays, but I thought it might be nice to do something different, and go along to Lakesdide raceway to see the guys n gals racing at their G.E.A.R. day..Golden Era Auto Racing....starts early, so I don't think we will meet anywhere, just find your own way to the track..be there about 9:30 am
 from the southside, I will come across the Gateway, across the Pine River Bridge, then turn left on Dohles Rocks Road, follow that thru to Narangba Road, turn right and Lakeside Drive is the entrance road, it will be on the left..if you're not sure..look at a street directory or google it...they have limited but adequate food and drink their, I am told..and..just leave for home when you've had enough..might pay to take a chair just in case...9I haven't been there in about 50 years, so not sure what their is..)
 And..almost forgot..Nostalgia Drags on tomorrow at Willowbank, in case you want to go...
Then, Sunday 7th May...my regular coffee morning at Victoria Point..that's it for today..I should have some pics up soon from Les W , from the Pate Swap Meet in Texas..it's a biggy..Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment