Tuesday 4 December 2018

Your Tuesday night entertainment..

 The end to my two month trip in USA..left on a cruise ship , crossing the Pacific, frl Los Angeles to Sydney..you know, every trip I make to America..I reflect when I leave.."Will this be the last time I visit?"...been saying that for a few years now, and somehow always find the money, and an excuse, to go back over...I love USA...but no place like home..AUSTRALIA..best country in the world!!
 a glimpse...mighty big place out there..makes you think about all those famous sea battles in WW1 and WW2....big area to go looking for the opposition..
 and for those that came on my honeymoon in '76..remember this place..The Moana Hotel in Hawaii where most of us got our first taste of everything America has to offer...(fancy taking your new wife on a honeymoon to the Street Rod Nationals in Tulsa...with 60 or so Aussies...what was I thinking)
 hmm.crossing the Equator...a nice line in the water...lol.
Yep..that was my home for 28 days..loved every bit of it..cruise ships are fun!
 back to hot rods...really hot day this last weekend, and Sunday was the day for coffee...it was huge..90 or more cars, and I didn't get many pictures..just so many people to talk to..
 couldn't resist a pic of our resident hot rod inventor..Paul Jones stuck this electric motor in front of a powerglide, and drives his little pickup around the island he lives on..has a safe 30km radius..perfect for the island..
 96 volts hidden under the tilting bed...
 so..my pics...not too good..this was about 7:30 am, and already it was so hot on the blacktop..




 those Falcon hardtops must be breeding..three turned up this time..









 that's all I took..sad..but if you do facebook..there are hundreds on their under Cruise Photography, I think it was called..
 
Now, I have been acquiring books for my collection for the last ten years, and am now officially a hoarder..and need to move lots of them out...I have a full set of Custom Rodders, complete from #1 to #121...on ebay at the moment, but will sell them all for $400..just email me at greg@comstar.com.au
 also have about 1/2 a set of Aust. Street Rodding..will sell any..rarer low number ones, around $5 each, but later ones...$1 a piece in lots of 20..
 likewise pricing on all my spare Cruzins.....
 I went out on a limb recently, and purchased a full set of Rodders Journals, just to get the 25 or 30 I was missing...but I had bought a few other lots over the years, hence I have about 40 to get rid of, mainly in the #30 thru to #60 area...not cheap at $12 each, but still about 1/2 of new price..
And lastly..American Street Rodders..have a few hundred spare..early ones a a few $$ each, all the others, $1 each in lots of 20..........
 
 
 another picture that means a lot to me, taken at last Sundays coffee morning...the three guys that sat together at Yeronga High School, and said, lets start a hot rod club...we were 14...
L to R.....Tom Fulton, Peter Crain, and myself...
still got the old boks we started with from 50+ years ago...
and I like to think, we three did a bit to help hot rodding get started in Brisbane..with the other major clubs of Roadstars and Cheetahs paving the way..these three clubs started an interest in cars, created events like shows and runs, and more importantly, friendships that are still strong to this day...

No comments:

Post a Comment