Sunday 7 October 2012

Bathurst, with coffee, bacon, eggs and hot rods please!

Had a great roll up for my coffee morning at home, and being the 7th, we had the added bonus of watching the start of Australias great V8 car race, the Super Cheap Bathurst 1000.....Whincup won again...6 1/2 hours and 161 laps around one of the worlds most demanding race tracks..(you USA followers should "google" it)...I drove around there many years ago in my old Bedford RV...quite scary in places... Anyway, the start and first few laps of the race was soon forgotten and the 18 of us that turned out had a good morning catching up with no time constraints...we'll have to do more of these!
In fact, the next will be in three weeks, sort of a help for the Salvos store locally, but another chance for us to bench race....see you there....
Not much to show on the roadster at this time, as I have been on Jury duty, with another week to go on the trial I had allocated, so up early tomorrow for the 58 minute train ride to town.....It's just like being back in the workforce again...up at 6am and home at 6pm!!..Give me my retirement back soon, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment