Tuesday 23 October 2012

Things I should have kept or bought!!...Part 2!







Reposted with better photos and more text......so here is a coupe I saw at Conroe swap meet about 15 years ago...asking price was $3500....I had it down to $2500, but passed.....wonder where it is now?
My first steel tudor came from Texas in about 1990..I think I paid $1000 US for it, and when it arrived, the body seemed a bit "tweaked and sad"...so I moved it on....(WHY?)
This was a stupid deal...a car crusher company in New Jersey offered me this convertible for $5,000....I thought (at the time), what a butt ugly Ford...no one would want one of these....go ahead and crush it!!...(nowadays, who's stupid..me!)
Charlie D had this old school sedan...I took it for a drive, big Olds motor with 4 speed Muncie...60s puffy trim.....not worth the $28,000 it went for......duh!
What about this deal...when I first met Charlie, he offered me this 3 window...Sb/auto, steelies...$30K from memory.....coulda-shoulda- hey.
Regret parting with this rare Holden 308 with alloy Duggan heads...I chased it for 16 years, finally bought it, and held onto it for another 4 years before letting it go. So rare, probably the only one in existence...4 webers in thru the side, exaust underneath.....hmm.....would've been awesome in an open hood car.
My second steel tudor was coming along fine, but faced with having to replace a door skin and a few bits of tin missing, I let it go for $5500 in 2004..should have put it away, better earner than the share market!!




Think I might jog a few memories here for my fellow Brisbane-ites.....had to go near the markets today...so went via Ekibin Rd, past where Dougie the budgie lived, as well as the Poulsen clan, then past 252, where Rods Inc. was started, along with countless adventures in Cussos, Spinners, FCs, FEs, EHs, girls, etc , then past Chardons where the Friday arve seesions were at 20C a pot, then up thru Moorvale/Mooroka shops..(were'd them Sudanese and Afghan folks come from??), down the hill to where we used to see Bill Jones racin' Vauxall Cresta, past where Hammond? had his 6 carb Y block super modified, past the servo where the Cresser/Rose/Stirling Thunderbolt lived, then past Nettleton Cres,(how'd we fit 300 in there for a party??) down to Pigs shed, (the sandblasting area is still there)...then off home....boy, did that 15 minute drive bring back some memories!!

No comments:

Post a Comment