Saturday 22 June 2013

Nothing to post..'cept my favourite type of race cars!!

I've always loved Fiat altered, but they have to be old school 60s types like this.
I've always loved Jr Fuellers for some reason..but have to have low seating, not like the newer styles with raised driver seating.
And...my all time favourite speedway cars have to be Super Modifieds..loved going to the "Ekka" to see the yanks take on the aussies....Roy Hammond, Dick Britton, Keith Blikarski, Ron Wanless, Bill Warner, Larry Burton, Alan Belcher, Sid Hopping...
Next favourite in speedway had to be what the yanks had...V8s with Midget style bodies...early sprint cars I suppose.
Historic circuit racing was great to, spent a lot of time at Lakeside watching the EH S4s, Mini Coopers, Lotus Cortinas, and countless FX/FJs doing battle with Mustangs..
Always loved front engine diggers, like my cousin Graeme Scholes when he had the old Ash Marshall Scorcher...lot of history with this car!
I've always wanted to combine my love of the drags with street rods, and this is what I would probably build, just racy enough, and to still be street legal
Offy powered midgets are cool as well, and I try to get to some of these events locally.
Another all time fav is the Two Lane Blacktop 55....so cool!...I love all the cars above, and thank goodness for the internet that we can walk down memory lane,

No comments:

Post a Comment