Sunday 2 June 2013

Sunday night dribble.

Today I don't have much to blog about with the 32, as I have been bolting bits on, and nothing much looks different, even though I have achieved lots. I fell into the trap of not checking things, and forgot that my stubs had to be machined a bees dick for the outer bearing placement. I have SoCal stubs with RodTech inner brg/seal adapters, but the stub outer needed machining, so a quick trip to see Darren Silich and job is fixed..thanks, Dazza.
 1966..Ralph Donahue and john Anderson
 Tom Stranger from Adelaide
 Denis Walford from Sydney
 Ross mellish vs Leland Kolb from memory.
 Col Clarke I think.
 Stirling/Cresser/Rose 427 Cusso
 Unidentified...maybe big Pete Smith nearside.
 Ron Colthrup ? from Ipswich
 Dave Gardner...where did he end up?..and what about the tub...where did it go?
Col Dunn in his record breaking T bucket.

..Back to my 32, when Darren came over, he also noticed I didn't have quite enough degrees dialed into the location of the rear end....a simple matter...leave the bottom clevises on the ladder bars, and wind the tops in about 4 threads....4 bolts!!...easy...............................4 hours later and I got it done... what a hard job on your own, Anyway, back to Glenns tomorrow to flip the body upright, ready for paint, so this week should see the frame completed, might even fire up the 350 to make sure all is A-OK.....short week as we have the Cooly Rocks weekend, and Winternational drags, and I will be going to both.

So, with drags in mind, and Surfers Paradise, this blog has a bit of Brier Thomas Photography that I'm sure will bring back lots of memories for most.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keen to see if you have any more info / pics on the 32 when it was running a Holden Grey motor as in pic ( Col Clarke I think. )

    I have this picture:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/124987/temp/11001614_10153243178250809_274693140806053862_o.jpg

    ReplyDelete