Tuesday 13 August 2013

Wenesday....baby -sittin' day!!

Wednesday workins are a hit and a miss between looking after grandson #2....(The hot rods can take a back seat any day for them!!....but can't wait to take 'em for a drive)
 I had a few issues that weren't resolved correctly in the build up....so best fix it all now...the front pipe was really too close to the engine mount bolt, so while the steering is out, I gave it a little indent to get about 3/16th clearance...just enough to clear!
 Now, the reason the box is out, is that just before I fitted it, I put more grease n oil mix in it...well, it leaked more than the Exon Valdez!!...so down to see Bruce at the local Rare Spares for a kit, best fix it now before I oil up your driveway!!
 Figured I may as well go thru all my boxes while I'm in the mood, see how many are useable...wonder if some obscure dealership still has some N.O.S. HQ boxes...hmmm.
 Here's the Rare Spares part, if you need it, but you can get just the seal from a bearing supply shop....harder to find is the caged roller bearing for the pitman arm shaft, but these are usually ok as is... also shown here is the drilling instructions for the Flaming River grub screw relief needed in the DD shaft...
 My first attempt at the throttle linkage is good enough, but I will refine it, as it only gets about 7/8th throttle..I like using the lighter, but double return springs. Have to buy a bigger air cleaner one day...just haven't found the right looking one I want, yet!!
 You don't see this normally, but very important to have good "earths" especially in fiberglass cars, there is also three more cables that run from the body to the frame, as well as engine to the frame!!
 Everything electrical is wired and working, thanks to Glenn Watts, cowl vent works, just need some carpet and trim bits to hide all the firewall and tidy the wiring a bit!
 I lost the horn button, and damn!..the replacement only comes in dark brown..not black...now soething else to paint...Moon 1/2 tach adds to the racey look!!
 You can't see, but all the handbrake is monted and adjusted...well, until the first drive and the shoes bed in..have to redo it again, then.
Doug Mole is re-shaping the timber rail for me...we decided that the way it came from LeBarron Bonney was way too tall, so he's taking about 10mm, and the carpenter in him is fitting it better than my boiler-maker version...(close enough!)

No comments:

Post a Comment