Tuesday 19 August 2014

here-I-go-again....let me tell ya now....here-I-go-again.......

 Ok..so I decided after a year of not building...that it was time to start a project....and I was thinking of using my spare model a frame....
 But I've always liked A pickups on deuce rails....
 And roadsters....so I had some parts that I could acquire..
 plus I have plenty of spares already in stock...
 But a deuce coupe bug got to me...and that's where it's heading...
 trouble now is....what style do I like.....kinda reminds me of the last roadster..
 But..has to be for resale...so...should I have it fendered...
 or just keep the costs down and do a "work in progress"?
 Hmmmmm...getting confusing....
 highboy could be easier..
 and I would love a flattie car...
 then again...I do have two sets of Halibrands.....
 can't afford paint...rattle can black might do....


 or will it sell better painted....
 this is how I would have it if it was a keeper...
 OK...back to that red one.....this looks good..
 now...this is what I would want...
 So...a deuce customs 5w it is...
 Anyone got a good running flathead they don't need......
 so....it's in the shed.....but wait....that A model cowl might be the start of another....maybe I can do two together..........
 I've got enough wheels to build another four!!.....
 And...I have coil overs..and Model A springs...and 40 model springs...
 and dropped axles...9"/8" axles...all sorts of good bits..
3 deuce grille assys in stock..
 Maybe I should fender it....hold on...the mind is wandering again.....gotta focus!
 so...the body is ready to start playing with...I have lots of leftovers to suit this build...stock deuce or king bee lights, SoCal gauges, Keep it Simple wiring harness, stock, 39, or Pontiac taillights, SoCal hairpins or split ford radius rods, 9" narrowed diff, or 8"...got 4 of them, got a T400, T350, Powerglide, or a GM 4 speed, Glide seat, wheels..ha, plenty of them, stock, Halibrands, or Tork Thrusts....decisions..decisions..
 Got the fenders for that style...or do I do it a highboy...
 Have a good running chevy....got block huggers or stk gm manifolds...there's my 9"
 'glass shell or Brookville, or genie 32...have all three styles covered with new inserts .
 Have a plated Superbell, or a new SoCal forged.....and springs...shackles..dead perch..lots of choices here, have three sets of new stubs, some suit disc, some drum brake...damn, more decisions..
 by the way...notice the Superbells and Magnums are listed as 46" wide, but new SoCals are 47" wide, as opposed to stockers at 48" wide......
 Have an XY, Compact, and Maverick 8" drum to drum,, so that might be the way to go on the resale rocket....I'll keep the roundback 9" for some other project......maybe...
 Time to drag out those JW rails and get 'em in a jig.....gotta think first....fendered or highboy......make a decision and stick to it!!!
Hmmm...I have two sets of 36 radius rods...two sets of P&J ladder bars, and a set of triangulated 4 bars......think, brain, think....think I'm in need of some guidance...feel free to throw your suggestions, (and spare parts) at me....

1 comment:

  1. Come on Greg make a decision and stick to it. How about a channeled 5 window coupe :)

    ReplyDelete