Monday 25 August 2014

some late August bits n pieces...

 So..most of you know that Steve Hynards 36 caught fire recently..well, the remains are for sale, $13500 as shown, but without the wheels. 0400 296 881







 As you can see...Ruby has settled in nicely...28kg dog is a bit easier to deal with ...lol.
 Cleaning up my frame rails..Ryan thinks they make a good slot car track..
 Funny.....I saw these sticking out of a packet in USA 7 years ago..seller said they were BB Chev...cool...I didn't look to close though...dragged them out last week and found they were Cleveland!..still pretty rare for brand new old stock...they're on e bay now.
 Got the word from Darryl Kuhnemann that his coffee morings have found a new home....No1 on the map..Caloundra RSL, 19 West Terrace, near Nicklin Way
 It's always last Sunday of the month...so that is this weekend coming...31/8/2014
 Been assured this will be the regular spot..coffee van and sausage sizzle will be there as always, start time generally around 7 a.m.

 This pic is here for no particular reason...........Faith at her best..
 So...I have done a bit towards the coupe project...not sure why I did all this at home, as I still need the loan of a jig to square the frame, and tack in a few x members...
 I am still unsure on what I want....pressed channel similar to original...2 x 1 box tubing like my first three...or round tubing like the last two...but I need to address areas to pass TAC, like the C notch in the rear, and a notch at the front spring....also need to decide on split bones and 36 radius rods....or hairpins and ladder bars...or hairpins and triangulated, as I have all of these combos in stock, and the x members must be done to suit...I have decided on full fendered, 327, powerglide, column shift, 9", American Tork Thrusts, as I have all this in stock........just can't decide on 32 spring, 40 spring, or coil overs...I think I need help.....what would make it sell better, as this is not a keeper...should I also put my TPI injection on rather than a carb??..........
 have this narrowed 8" as well....do you think it matters for resale if it has an 8" or a 9" ?...because I have a maverick 56 1/2" *" that would probably just go straight in.
Probably have shown this before...but this tiny battery starts Darrens coupe just fine...and it's hidden under the seat...so compact!..what a great size, and starts it easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment