Sunday 15 November 2015

It was that time of the year...Yamba Time!!

 A few pics from my phone...Brad Townsends new pickup drivetrain...
 And here's some old school power for you...
 and a pic of the '65 Falcon that we added to the Thomsen fleet...
 'Dougs Coffee Mornings" weren't quite the same as the ones I do.....but you just have to have that early morning kick to start another day of hot rodding, Yamba style..
 here's the old broken Tudor.....killed the tranny up that big hill past Byron Bay...left Anita on the side of the road for 5 hours, while Sue Watts drove me back the 2 1/2 hours to get my Landcruiser and trailer.....then nuther 2 1/2 hours, load the old girl...(and my 32)...and head for Yamba....the normal 3 1/4 hour trip took us 12 hours this year!!
 here's the next generation of the Townsend family, that will etch his name in hot rodding in Australia..
 File photo....didn't even take it off the trailer this year...damn!~!

 Jarrod Wilkie finished his custom 54 Chev.....now there's another talented son that will go on to become as famous in aussie rodding as his father...
 Norm n Ellie Snape debuted their Rod-Bod-ied deuce tudor...now it's a stunner in my eyes, and I thought it would be a Top 10 contender...but gremlins in the ignition saw it parked back at the park while the voting was going on downtown...pity...it is very deserving of an award...
 You get my vote, Norm!
 all the rest will be random pics...with maybe a few details added....enjoy!



 one of the Top 10s....
 and another..





 another Top 10
 bad-ass...street slicks...12 spokes, 6 carb Olds.....and young rodders as well!...that's a good sign for healthy hot rodding to come..


 I took this...because of a later photo.....just wait....
 Circle of knowledge?....can you tell who like a drink....and who always misplaces his...
 two broken tudors in our Deuces Limited park...
 focus...focus...
 hmmm...no fenders seems to be a trend here...

 Yes Shane....you DO look good in it.....stop procrastinating and buy the bastard...

 a very nice flat back sedan for sale..
 Rob...I give you an A for effort for gettin' down that low.....and back up....my tired bones won't allow that!







 our little BBQ area was well used as usual..




 I can only hop my tub will look as good as this one!

 Warren and Les...did their apprenticeships together back in the late 60s...think they majored in building slick black deuces..


 Hmmmm.....what goes on here....THESE guys parked at a pub....(love your style)



 don't see enough Y blocks these days.....and this, complete with outside oiler...
 another Top 10..
 my son Chris, taking his boy for a spin before going back to bring the new Futura coupe in




 more ideas here...taking notes on how to fit a 5 cyl diesel into an A....as you do...

 now...back to the EH shot before.....notice this one is a bit wider...a bit longer.....underneath and inside is all late model Commodore....with widened and modified EH body panels.....wowsers..
 what do you get when you cross a Zebra with two Bridges
 another Top 10..

 see what I mean about the drink....


 two Model 40 owners checking the opposition..
 now...if you have to run a front plate...may as well make it tiny..
 Trick 8s look awesome, don't they..
 I like the "catchy" Deuces Limited licence plate...


 Dianne and Joy trying to show me they like their 32 Fords.....I hope your husbands talk to you about this.....
 Dare to be different..






 Top 10 this side....
 This Keen looking A seems a bit Shorty in the roof..
 This A sits Wright...

 you pair....get outa my shots.....photo bombers...



 JD, watching over his flock of A's..

 This pair!!....they own enough cars to start their own club..'The Coadsters"

 some of the gals..


 here's that umm....EH/Commodore again..

 a Bridge too far..
 Motley Crew..






 another dare to be different..
 winner winner.....this was nice!


 Glen n Sue Watts...Sue drove me back to Brissy to get my trailer...and forgave me for covering her beautiful Sunliner with about 2 gallons of transmission oil when my T700 failed...she was right up the Kyber Pass, and copped a spray-full..
 I started liking maroon on cars...

 Love it!
 Yep...big enough to ride!

 love the colour combo...just never been a fan of 6 hole wheels..
 a proud son with his new purchase...
 almost got the pic......

 here's two of my favourite red Fords..
 I love this pickup....and Brad earned $$$, and built it (with help from all the Townsend family and others)...over the last few years....he has a winner, and is still only 16!


 50/50 with the weather here every year...but the days were great...heavy rain only came at night!
 stunning pair of Fords from Taree Street Rodders




 well..that's it for another year...the Tudor is in the shed, jacked up, ready to haul the broken T700 out this week...and fix a few other bits n pieces    
S

No comments:

Post a Comment