Monday 5 June 2017

blog #820..the weekend just gone..

 My coffee morning # 64 was an unusual one for me, in as much as I seemed to be caught up in multiple conversations, and didn't hardly get time to see everyone, or take many photos...but still, that's what it's all about..catching up and talking in a laid back, no urgency morning..I sat down for coffee at abou 7am..saw cars come in, and some of them left before I had finished!!..but, all good, it was a morning that clashed with a swap meet, and the hot rod show, and probably other events.
 and I'm annoyed with myself for not taking more photos of the Murray Brothers Model A..now this car might not be significant to many, unless you know your rodding history..the Murrays were on the scene in Brisbane in the early 60s, helped start the ROADSTARS Hot Rod Club, and with their Essex highboiy sedan, they travelled to runs and shows up and down the east coast of Australia..The roadster they just built was a stocker they owned back in the late 60s when they had their butcher shop on the northside..and they delivered meat in this Model A to the locals...great to have them back in the rodding scene in S.E. Qld.
 Dale Haberfield was lucky enough to have the keys to the Antique tires roadster..great to see a bit of "traditional" rodding, with NO Fenders..I'm getting a bit annoyed with the debate over if you can run fenderless or not...I's like to see anyone who complains, and they are an ASRF member, for THEM to lose their ASRF membership for a yer..not the guy with no fenders..let the police or transport deal with it, but NOT our own members..hell, no one complained about me in the 70s when I ran fenderless for years, everyone loved it...so why the complaints these days!!!...grrrr.
 Mick starting to put some miles on the T coupe...sure is nice to see some Ts lately..
 New stocko Valiant just arrived from interstate..should be a regular at our runs from now on..looks the part..love the original look/barn find/rescued relics....
 John Isaacs new-ish A tub, with his old 32 tudor in the background..
 regulars!
 Paul Mckinarey turned up in a new ride
 local bucket was a show winner a few years ago...nice to see a good roll up considering the show was on this weekend..some said their were more hot rods at my coffee morning , than at the show!
 even in Winter, the sun shades work a treat..it was hot by 9am...
 brother in law Col had his newly registered survivor FX there, in all it's originality..great!
 good mix of late aussie and US cars are turning up..most are regulars, with some newbies..
 all styles are catered for at my runs...
 Leon showing off his Mopar...he does neet work, and what a dynamo..the late 70s rodder has three on the road, and just started on another pickup truck..
 new to the run was this T tudor..was a roadster until a rebuild/rebody suited the family better
 don't think there was a car there, they drew as much attention as Col Dunns barn find FX
Doug showing off his new US style wheels...gone are the old aussie 6 hole ones for these much nicer traditional 5 holes....looks great Doug!
 Now, this weekend also had the big show for the year, the 47th Qld Hot Rod Show...and for about the third year in a row...I didn;t get to it...had all intentions of going..but one thing lead to another and I missed it...so here is some pics stolen from Kyren Oloan..his take of the show...he had 110 pics on facebook, but for some reason, I got to about 40 and they stopped showing, so I couldn't download more...think it must be this antique computer I am using with Windows 7 operating system..
 I don't know if this won anything, but someone put multiple pics up of this roadster, and to me, it was amazing..a real credit to the builder and the owners..


























sorry..but no more pics would load...no doubt this gave you a taste of how the show was, a good mixture of older and newer cars, with some fresh cars never seen before.., you sort of see here just as you would have seen if I was taking the pics... ....

No comments:

Post a Comment