Sunday 8 April 2018

sorta wet..but I'm saying..74 without (too much) rain..Coffee at Vic. Pt.

 Started off from home..weather looked...suspect..but I got there without a drop, then, by 7am, a very light shower..can't even call it rain!..so can I keep my record intact-74 straight without heavy rain....by 7:30, it was a great day that just got warmer...lots of diversity amongst the cars..check them out, a total of 88 I am told, and being the weather did look bad, it was a good roll-up.
 The highs and lows of trucking...
 glass vs steel..
 amazing styling changes in just 5 years...
 one of my all time favourite pickups....and two of our best from Cleveland spent over an hour talking to rodders and checking out the cars....good to see we are appreciated for the work we do in building these cars and making them legal..
 Great to see Nev Hynard make the 3 hour trip up from Grafton, and bringing Ken Brown from Woombah, and Kev Boyd from Broadwater..all 1960s and 70s RODS INC. members....and parked next to Niftys deuce, is Jeff Chandler from RODS INC., who does a great job pushing out information on the Rods Inc websites and facebook pages..I counted about 24 people from Rods Inc., not bad, but expected more..once again..Rain was the dampener.Haha.

Standard parking spot for these pair..think they like each other.. notice my attempt at humour in front of my 32.....
 You see, when myself, Tom Fulton, and Peter Crain started Rods Inc. in 1964, we were 14, and still at school...so, we had to ride everywhere on our treadllys...so we got stuck with the "here comes the push bike kids" from the much older Roadstars and Cheetahs club members....
 I meant to get better pics of the FJ mild custom..it looked so neat..hope it comes to this event again..
 sky was threatening..but no rain..
 Just people and cars..great to see..
 Once again, our friends from Toowoomba made the two hour trek down, and thru some heavy rain, they said..so thanks for the effort, Shane, Norm Ellie!
 this is what I like, a great mix of classic aussie/us-aus style pickup, and hot rods..it's a good mix we have going here..
 GTR XU1 was genuine...owner said he bought it in New Zealand and shipped it back..
 88 cars..the back rows were filling up..
 nice pair ..I'd own either!

 seems to be a lot of these 46-48 Fords turning up lately..
 and being themed around Rods Inc., was good to see quite a few current members, along with a lot of previous members..some good catch-ups, it's what I envisaged..just forgot the group photo!!







 What I like to see..lots of talking..do you notice hardly anyone lifts a bonnet...it's about the people, not the cars so much..


 Chris Dansies coupe in front of a long line of early models of all shapes and colours..
 our resident globe-trotter made it back..with more photos for me to share from his US trip last week, thanks Scrivo..
 the early A section is always popular..Henrys best loooking model, I.M.H.O.

 sorta stocker meets sorta racer..
 Cols EH is super straight and a rust free original...hard to find them this clean these days.
 I'd own either..but have to be Evans coupe first, before Steves Chevelle
 Ian Cambell had is ORIG 32 along for the day..was great to see the former owner, Danny Morrissey come down as well..both were old time Rods Inc. members.
 different rear end treatments..




That's a wrap..by 10am, it was all over for most of the day..some of us continued on to the Golf Club for lunch, so a big day for me, left at 6am, home at 2pm......Now, later this month on the 19th, my mid week run to Beerwah Pub..
Next coffee morning was going to be CHEETAHS themed, but a few of them will be away, so will try to encourage anyone from the other 1960s clubs to come along on May 6th, so HUSTLERS..LIVELY SET..BAY AREA..SOUTHSIDE..PERFORMANCE ASSOC..REBELS.., and we will have the Cheetahs day on June 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment