Thursday 3 August 2017

some items that are for sale..

 Friends had asked me to take some photos of an EH Holden they need to sell...Once, a running , driving car, but it has been tucked away in a shed..last rego decal says 2003...the original asking price was $10,000, however recently, the price is down to $9000, and a bunch of spares will go with it as well, basically, a shed clean out..it needs a new home, and all the parts go with it now as well...
 Has the 179HP engine..(but I didn't check to see if it was original, or rebuilt. )..will try to find out.
Also, not sure of driveability, I forgot to take fuel to try to start it...maybe another day when I get time..
 some of the spares..doors, and there are numerous smaller trim items..
 there has been a water leak, and under the carpet, the top of the floor has some corrosion showing....however...two pics down..underneath looks good
 Has the disc front end conversion
 the limited view I could see underneath looked promising...
 usual wear n tear on the interior...but good enough to clean and use, while you drive..
 the rear trunk area also looks fine..
 think I saw two spare std. trans assemblies..
 yes..the other, as well as some bumpers..
 I din't unload the box, but lots of EH parts stashed away here..
 spare Hydramatic
 I assume this is an EH power steer setup...not sure, but it goes in the deal..
all being said...where do you find one this complete these days...they keep going up in price, a little bit like real estate...how many times do you say, "Hey, 5 years ago, they were 1/2 that price"...
 at this time, the sellers are not in a position to let people view it any old time, as it is in a private storage facility, and arrangements have to be made...it's a 3 hour trip for them to get to it, so don't even ask unless you are serious about a potential purchase...just contact me at greg@comstar.com.au and I will fwd. info on..

Now..out friend Doug has some parts..first up...phone calls only..no sms..0412 370 515.
This rear is a gennie 8" from a late 60s Falcon..correct width for XR-XT-XY-XW..has the aussie style spacers they used with the B/W brakes, has new wheel bearings fitted...rare, and hard to find these days..$600...SOLD>>SOLD>>>SOLD>>
 next, we have the daily special, the two for one price deal..pictured is a 1962 Chev diff, but there is also a 1955 Chev rear as well..$300 buys them both!
 Very good set of 1956 Chev Bel-Air wheel trims..$350
 you can't quite see, but this is four 1957 Chev standard wheels, with very good Bel_Air wheel trims, the lot go for $450
these T.A. radials are still in good uesable condition, they measure 215/70/14, and are $200 the pair.
 I have forgotten how much these stock 283 covers are...look great..just phone him! 0412370515.
 likewise, these Model A Ford parts..there is a package deal to buy the lot, or he will maybe sell individual parts...ph Doug, on the number above..







 almost forgot..Doug also has a variety of HR front ends for sale, think there was both drum brake and disc brake, as well as one stripped out ready for a hot rod chassis...make the call!
Just saw Dave Smith has dropped the price on this A coupe body by about $1500..was $14k, now I think I saw it at $12500..
 our friend Malcolm is still wanting to sell his rare convertible..pretty tidy car for it's age, sort of something that you could get back on the road without spending much, and then drive it as you decide how to build it..restore, or hot rod it...with prices going up in the US all the time, it makes this a bargain at $25,000..ph Mal in Toowoomba on 0457718424.


pic was taken a few years ago when it first came into Australia...has import approval..
I still have way too many engines, and need to move some out..I decided I had better check this 307, as it did look down on it's luck a bit...needs a reco obviously, but I scratched the pistons, and no oversize...my verniers showed 3.875..Standard bore! almost 50 years old, and never bored..amazing..anyway..long motor, no accessories, as is, $600.
and my other spare flathead..a 1938 model 24 stud, turns over by hand, I've never opened it to see what it's like inside, but I will sell it as is long motor for $800...and I can't promise, but i think I have spare water pumps and a spare distributor that I will put with it, if I can find them...Greg 0437 32 31 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment