Tuesday 8 August 2017

Tuesday night mish mash of nothing in particular

For those who didn't know, I've always been an avid book reader..from the early days at the library with Popular mechanics, and National Gegraphic, and on, and on........two years ago, I bought 60 or Cusslers 66 printed books....well, 18 months and they were all read.....
Then I bought most of Baldaccis...1/2 way through my lot of these.....but then..
Les Winter told me about this book...ordered it from Amazon, here in a few days..finished in a week...great story delving into pre war hot rodding, with all the correct "names", and finishing with the love story/WW2 exploits...great read!
and my latest!..Thanks to Jon Bridge, he picked up a copy of Chics life stories...Having been around in the 70s when Chic lived in Brisbane, it's always great to read a book where you can identify with the author..even had my name in there on p252..great read so far..about 330 pages down out of 454..well worth the read if you know Chics contribution to the sport in Australia.
some pics were on faecesbook recently, showing 50s/60s drive in burger joints in USA..thought I'd google some more for you...





another project I decided to do, will only work if you are a FACEBOOK member...I created some pages dedicated to the first clubs that existed in S.E. Queensland..these are user friendly, and are being loaded with all those hidden memories from individuals photo albums..I love what I created, as I love the history, having been involved since 1964 or so..
so, I have done a "Roadstars Hot Rod Club, Queensland", as well as a "Cheetahs Hot Rod Club", and a "Bay Area Rod and Custom Club"....might do my own version of a Rods Inc page, even though that club has a good one up already...
might even create a Hustlers-Performance Associates-Southside-United Drag Team-Colonials-etc.etc..but baby steps..all takes precious time..
 now..turn away if you don't like deuces...just a few pics that i scrounged off the net..
 always looking for deuce build ideas...


 and..This would be me....don't change anything!


nothing like using them on a country drive..
 black on black gets me going...
 Clint Rose sent me some pics for the ROADSTARS page, thought I'd share a couple here for you non-facebook people...a safety check at the Phillips 66, opposite the PA Hospital, early 1966...who owns that yellow roadster??


that's all for tonight...Chics book is calling me, and grandkids tomorrow...never any spare time!

No comments:

Post a Comment