Thursday 30 August 2012

Fridays faute de mieux

Yes....I know I have the 32 for sale at the moment...but work is still progressing, last week, I made up these bits to hold the mufflers.....using my same principal of trying to "use up" all the bits I have lying around, I had a pair of hot dog style mufflers that Warren Wilkie made for my roadster back in 1997....They were too loud then!....just what I want for the 11:1 350 to scare the neighbours!!
Frame is back out of the jig and going back together again, note the hi tech design from the mufflers to see where the exhaust will route.....the dogs chewed up my pool vacuum hose...now it makes a neat flexible pipe guide........hmmmm!
Brother in law Col came around to do what I told him was a one hour conversion of putting the CJ5 Jeep shifter onto my Ford Toploader.....we got it finished 5 hours later....we don't work too fast in retirement!....And it would have made it easier if I had bothered ordering the new gaskets needed...lucky we can put them on later.

All the parts from my US buying trip are at home now, and I am putting most on either e bay or various magazine adds.....The 331 Hemi is listed, as well as quite a few intakes, some 36 Ford radius rods etc., and of course the two Model A Fords. I was happy with the 30 model, in as much as the motor does turn over, and I can't find anything missing, so will make an easy resto ot rod. The 29 is much better than I thought....I have been driving it around the yard every day...Nita and the dog just shake their heads,,,,think I'm crazy...but I would love to be able to keep this old girl and just drive it as is....Might even try my 15" merc rims on it to get it a bit lower!!

No comments:

Post a Comment